Sandshark

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully they will have the connector problem solved and have a supplier they can use. Tiger Sharks are also in high demand. On ebay the prices for used sometimes go beyond new prices.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It isn't so much the demand, they just aren't available. The supplier of their waterproof connectors went out of business and they are apparently trying to find a suitable substitute. It doesn't seem like it should be such a problem, but for some reason it is taking them quite a bit of time to overcome it.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they get it under control soon. I want to get the TS by the end of next month. We should be abole to get in the water by May....Matt

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are pulse detectors as good as "regular" detectors?
I am hoping to get a waterproof detector sometime... I have all my dive gear just waiting for me to get it... I can only imagine how much stuff I could find being underwater compared to waist or even chest deep...

Dknight34

Greenie
Jan 4, 2008
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro LST & SS
Look up Columbia Metal detectors in Escondido Ca. They may have some SS in stock. I just picked up the 10.5 PI coil for the SS on Friday, most people I talked to did not have any. If I recall correctly, I think CMD indicated they have some SS available. The TS is the one that is in higher demand. Also, for those that have SS, Tesoro told me on friday that they still have some Clean Sweep coils in stock at Tesoro and can provide to a dealer near you. But whether you can find one or not, The SS sure is sweet!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions