Dirty Jerzee
Detector(s) used
ML Excal II
ML Sov GT
Compass 77B
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sandy Hunts Part 1 Yields Chunky Silver Crusty's & Rosies

Most of my finds since just prior to Sandy till present did not get posted to my totals, so I am now going to take pics this week in some assemblance of order so I can get all of my totals and pics up to date ..Plus it will be nice to finally clean out the truck ...

Unfortunately I had not been feeling well the past few months, so I have not been able to do much hunting, but from what I've seen and read up in my area I have not missed much as the conditions are just terrible..
Hopefully I will be able to get back in the swing of hunting soon and finish out the year strong...

This is the first of the pile to post up and this came from back to back hunts in calf high water and on a slope that was washed out...
I did manage to get back to the spot one time a week after Sandy hit and it yielded the beautiful men's 14K ring with diamonds that I already posted here..

Here are the totals from these two hunts:

Clad Totals $9.18 with loads of greenies of which some need to be cleaned to reveal whats hidden beneath

3- Heavily Encrusted Chunky Silver Rings Totaling 31.9 Grams 2- Womens 1-Mens

1- 1962 Silver Roosevelt Dime

1- 1956-D Silver Roosevelt Dime

1- Elaut Arcade Token

1- Bullet Slug

1- Western Super X 12 Gauge Headstamp

1- Western Field 12 Gauge Headstamp

1- Small Belt Clip on Blade

A nice little pile of assorted sinkers..

some other assorted beach relics ...

I will take pics of all the trash, glass/bottles relics and other interesting stuff as I have time later this week....

Enjoy & Happy Hunting to you all !!! :hello2:

sandyhunts.jpg

sandyhunts1JPG.jpg

SilverCrustyChunkys.jpg

sandyhunts2PG.jpg

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow..Those are some crusties..:icon_thumright:

Good you are feeling better, I was there this past summer, missed several months. Hope to see more treasure from you, and stay well..

sandnut

Nov 17, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II uMax , Tesoro Silver uMax, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
A lot of good stuff there, back must be hurting with all that digging. Hope you get to feeling well very soon....
HH to you! Been having a blast with the Excal 1000. Thanks again !

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I call a field day. Lots of loot and goodies.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Bigpoppa, I'm sorry that you were not feeling well, and I hope that you are getting healthier with each passing day.:icon_thumright:

Those are impressive finds!

I love the chunky silver rings......fine detecting! :wav:

Lorraine

OP
OP
Bigpoppa

Bigpoppa

Feb 11, 2012
Dirty Jerzee
Detector(s) used
ML Excal II
ML Sov GT
Compass 77B
Primary Interest:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH to all of my well wishers...

I am sending you the best of karma nd hope you dig something amazing very soon.... :)

Good Luck & Happy Hunting !!!

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Sandy created a bull run on lost fishing sinkers! Interesting considering the storm came at the height of fall striper season and wrecked the best part part of the fall run. it also closed the best striper fishing beaches in the state.

Conditions have been changable. The beach opened up for a small time about a week or so ago driven by these crazy clipper systems we've been having lately. But you hit the nail on the head, mostly, conditions suck!!! Not worth the drive for me on most days. My GTs sit on their chargers for the longest stretch since I started detecting. And, biz is keeping me north so only short weekend jaunts to FL. Not enough time to really get into hunting. AS a beach hunter i thought i'd never say this, but i can't wait for beach towel season!

BP, sincerely, Nice haul!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread