Santa Fe Trail

Shawn112

Feb 9, 2009
Colorado
I was wondering if anyone here has tried their luck with the Santa Fe Trail? I found the Sente Fe Trail actually had two routes here in Lamar Colorado. One went east and west and another branched off and went south from Granada Colorado into Oklahoma. I saw lots of old homesteads on the south trail Im just trying to find the land owner to get permission.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Shawn,

If you're close to Boulder or Golden, there's a detector shop in [Gold N] they have a real good selection of books and the two owners are really informative! If you go take a soda or a thermos! Went to get something from them & ended up spending half a day yapping with them. They actually filled in several holes to a story I was working on. They're in the book, don't know if TNet will get mad promoting businesses that aren't advertisers. They should be able to get you going in the right direction. Hope that helps!

OP
OP
S

Shawn112

Feb 9, 2009
Colorado
Im in Lamar and dont get up to the metro area very often, thank God! Anyway I read some more post and think I should just go out and give it a try. I heard a story that Jesse James left a loot in the canons by Springfield Colorado. Its hard to find people that will let you on their land in that area. There was another story that a gang robbed a stage coach near Hugo Colorado and by the time they were found and shot they had already stashed the loot somewhere southwest of Hugo. I need to do some more reading about the two stories to see if I should go. We are going to try some old homesteads near town, about 15 to 20 miles, and see what we find.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can locate a copy, Guide to the Colorado Ghost Towns and Mining Camps by Perry Eberhart Sage Books C. 1959. Very interesting reading! I was dumbfounded how much stuff I probably walked by or over in in Pike NF.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread