spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Santana.. A great band that has made it through several decades of changes, but none that ever hurt the band. Although Ritchie Valens was the first to have a fusion of Latin/pop music, Carlos picked up the cause without losing a beat. Least we forget Carlos is a great blues player too, love his version of Little Wing.. Especially with my man Joe's vocals.

A little trivia for you... :tongue3: The first song Winning was written expressly for Charlie Sheen. All the proceeds from the record went to Charlie for his fight against CBS

This song is so mellow :thumbsup:

It's hard to appreciate this song with that lady always distracting me :tongue3:

Listen to this nice cover of Harrison's song. Haunting, to say the least.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of curiousity, what does 'Oye Como Va' mean? I know all the words, and know what it means literally, but a lot of translations out there. Carlos himself gave a translation in one interview that had no relation at all to the literal translation.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN, you got me on that 'Oye Como Va' I always though it was sort of a slang Hey, what goes. I guess I'm not even close.. You think I should slap all my Hispanic friends upside the head :dontknow: :laughing7:

The one thing that remains a constant with Carlos, he is a great blues guitarist and you can always tell when he is playing. :thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Out of curiousity, what does 'Oye Como Va' mean? I know all the words, and know what it means literally, but a lot of translations out there. Carlos himself gave a translation in one interview that had no relation at all to the literal translation.
'Oye Como Va'
"What you Hear is, What you Get" :laughing7: ? :laughing7:

Wiki: phrase “Oye como va” is the title of the song and is sung somewhat separately from the phrase “mi ritmo” makes it easy to interpret the meaning as “Hey, how’s it going?” However, the first sentence is actually “Oye como va mi ritmo,” meaning “Listen to how my rhythm goes.”

One of my Favorite bands.
Soul Sacrafice is still my Favorite song by Santana.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent, Jeff. You nailed it closer than I ever expected anyone to. Oye!, como va mi ritmo? No word in there says listen, but it's implied. It's like, Hey, my rhythm, what you think? We never greet anybody with 'Oye, como va?' Just the basic 'Hola', or the younger set's 'K ooondaaa cabron!!! Como estaaaaas, carnal!' Good post, Jeff.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN, cabron would make you a ton of friends quick.. Just like Cheech and Chong with 'bendinhose' misspelled on purpose, but a great and funny scene :laughing7:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naw Spart, 'cabron' is used among close friends, in a joking sort of way. You wouldn't greet your Dad that way. Kinda like 'smile when you call me that'. 'Pendejo' is never used nicely. It basically means 'big stupid', but is open to interpretation. 'Wey' is used a lot (I think the actual spelling might be 'guey') and it means stupid. But only in your own social circle. It was a banner day when I taught one of the little grandsons to say 'Adios, Cabrones!' and he did it. Me and his dad thought it was hilarious, but Mama and las tias hit the roof.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN, I guess it all depends on the makeup of the nationality when it comes to certain words. I know that Mexicans use the terms in one way, and the Puerto Ricans/Dominicans, in NYC used it a totally different way

All that being said, I still look forward to anything new from Carlos :thumbsup:

You also may have noticed his blues is even more mellow with his advancing age :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread