Sanyo announces 2500mAh XX eneloop batteries

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/29/sanyo-announces-2500mah-xx-eneloop-batteries-suitable-only-for/

eneloop-2010-09-29.jpg

Rechargeable batteries keep a lot of toxic goop out of the world's landfills, but ones that drain themselves whilst just sitting there in the drawer aren't exactly perfect themselves. Sanyo licked that problem with its eneloop cells, thanks to their low self-discharge rates, and now the company is doing even better: boosting capacity. Sanyo will soon ship the eneloop XX battery in AA size, a 2500mAh cell that offers 25 percent more oomph than its predecessors. Even more important? The black and silver logo that serves as "a further testament to Sanyo's design strength." These up-rated and macho-designed batteries start shipping in Europe in December and, while no price has yet been assigned, given the number of times Sanyo mentions "professional" in its press release (six) they probably won't be cheap.

http://www.eneloop.info/fileadmin/EDITORS/ENELOOP/Press_Release/Press_Release_SANYO_XX_DoubleX_.pdf

Upvote 0
OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet, thank you! :)

Bran <><

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a set of eneloop batteries that have kept their charge for nearly 6 months in storage and still have plenty of fire. The only way to go with rechargeables. Monty

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
I have a set of eneloop batteries that have kept their charge for nearly 6 months in storage and still have plenty of fire. The only way to go with rechargeables. Monty

I may have to give them a chance in my machine sometime... :thumbsup:

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread