Sapphire mine in Nevada

M

MyLila

I thought I recently saw a tv program on the travel channel about a sapphire mine in Nevada that was pay for a day type deal. I went to discovery channel and travel channel but they don't give much info. We will be going to Vegas in April and since sapphires are for the 35th anniversary I thought it would be neat to try our "luck". If anyone has any info on this I would appreciate it. I really never have much to say when I come here, Just browse, cause I don't really do much treasure hunting, cept in my minds eye. But this really is a great site. Thanks so much. :-*

OP
OP
M

MyLila

;DThanks for the info. Seems I was a few states and a few gemstones off. Oh well. Opals would be fun too. Now to see when they are open for the years. Again thanks MB

T

TreasureTales

Nevada has a state park in which you can dig for garnets. I think it's along highway 50. Anyway, you can get some nice garnets if you try hard. They aren't considered gemstones, but rather semi-precious stones...if you find the good ones.

The opal mines of Virgin Valley, Nevada are very intesting. Some absolutely magnificent material can be found by just about anyone willing to dig through the black soil. Some fee dig mines will open a spot and you can dig in the bank. Others will dump a couple yards of dirt for you to go through. Either way, some luck and hard work is involved. But the rewards can be great. Fees vary.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread