Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously though, there used to be a member who went by the name ‘austin’
If I ever believed anyone it might be him.
He wouldn’t even recount his account, but it was apparent he saw something he would never forget
It was in Texas as I recall
Thanks Peyton. Any details you remember would be good.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No doubt! But would you be attracted to her?
If she looks like this
1646880020852.jpeg

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep recalling these. There,s a legend of the Bayou Bartholomew Bigfoot. Bayou Bartholomew runs through S.E.Arkansas in some wild country,bordered by woods and farmland with limited access. Farmers plowing fields adjacent to the Bayou have reported seeing a Bigfoot like creature on several occasions but were laughed off.However they were convinced they saw something,described in the usual manner as approx 7 feet,covered in hair,manlike in appearance. This creature has also been reported by hunters and trappers using boats on the Bayou. Hunters using lights at night say the creatures eyes do not shine,suggesting they may be more manlike than animal. These creatures too are not reported to be aggressive,fleeing as soon as they detect anyone close to them.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep recalling these. There,s a legend of the Bayou Bartholomew Bigfoot. Bayou Bartholomew runs through S.E.Arkansas in some wild country,bordered by woods and farmland with limited access. Farmers plowing fields adjacent to the Bayou have reported seeing a Bigfoot like creature on several occasions but were laughed off.However they were convinced they saw something,described in the usual manner as approx 7 feet,covered in hair,manlike in appearance. This creature has also been reported by hunters and trappers using boats on the Bayou. Hunters using lights at night say the creatures eyes do not shine,suggesting they may be more manlike than animal. These creatures too are not reported to be aggressive,fleeing as soon as they detect anyone close to them.
A farmer friend of mine who owns land on the Bayou swears he saw one early one morning at dawn as he was getting his tractor ready to plow with. This was in a field next to an extensive Cypress Break that has water all year,very hard to move through,virtually no one ever goes in there. He was convinced.

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good story, crash. Thanks.

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of bigfoot stories on the Rivers.Not too far from me,on the Mississippi River is a huge sandbar known as Coopers Bar. Tugboat pilots plying the River use large,very bright searchlights to navigate at night.There are a number of reports of Pilots spying a large unidentified creature in the searchlight beams. Not a bear,it reportedly walks upright. Also reports of the same type of sightings on what,s called Island Number 44.Naturally the creatures are called the Coopers Bar Ape and Island 44 Bigfoot.
There are lots of stories out your way. Only thing in the woods around of any size are bears and my cousin Zeb.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are lots of stories out your way. Only thing in the woods around of any size are bears and my cousin Zeb.
Along the Rivers and Bayous here there,s still some really wild virtually impossible to traverse country.Very few people,ideal for a creature that doesn,t want to be seen.The entire population of Arkansas is only barely above 3 million,less than a lot of big cities.

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Along the Rivers and Bayous here there,s still some really wild virtually impossible to traverse country.Very few people,ideal for a creature that doesn,t want to be seen.The entire population of Arkansas is only barely above 3 million,less than a lot of big cities.
I did not know Arkansas so remote. Fairly big state so yes, lots of room.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread