Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try again, this is only a small section of Lost Dutchman Mine area. The first large map posted takes in all of search area.

Aster_1_LDM_New_Alter-Zone-LG-A2.jpg

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,m sorry Red Desert,but checking that area yesterday rushed my scan too quick and not going through my scanning to check for both as buried treasure or just raw gold deposits.My mentor whom taught me the difference of scanning each one,quickly messaged me of saying I did not conduct the scan right and the whole area in the picture is just mineral deposits and believe me that he is the best of the best to analyze any image or picture for treasure related items.Looks like I need to take my time and check according to his guidance.

All I did is crop same image down more. The color was such a vivid bright yellow, kind of reminded me of fire. You have interpret color on IR satellite images the same for all situations. Gold has been found in the area (first whole IR satellite image LDM), I've seen photos posted on prospecting forums of nice coarse gold recovered from around the Peralta mines. If just all mineral deposits, then any yellow color like this found on shipwrecks would have to be the same.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. What could be it?
I don't know, IR satellite images visually, are hard for the ordinary person to interpret. That image of Needles Canyon area of Superstition Mts is in Arizona. The quartz veins run from south point to west point (on a southeast to northwest angle). About 2-3 miles past the west end, the caves were used for storage in and around Black Top Mesa. I'm not sure how many caves, but it probably would be in the form of crude processed gold.

Last edited:

Cfaraday

Greenie
Aug 1, 2020
Detector(s) used
Ground Expert Pro, DRS X1 Scanner, TFR Extreme 4, Satellite MRI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Satellite MRI

Joska

I have a satellite guy out of Colorado
But they are not getting updates in Asia for some reason
They have been very good but need to finish and confirm.

Would you have any groups or Ideas
We have a treasure project in Indonesia
With AU and Gems at 1.5 meters

Reach out when you can
Would love to speak

Thank You

Chris Faraday

ScubaFinder,we only using imaging for the simple reason that you can see the target or targets are exactly there at said gps spot,but as far as what we confirm if it,s gold,silver or just junk related that,s the easiest part,because I could teach you how to check any images or sites you might be interested in just matter of minutes.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks Xaos.
Do you need both to view the LIDAR maps? I saved a few maps but it was difficult to visualize what I was seeing. Some were just easier to see. Some were more "opaque" and hard to make sense of what was being shown.

ps. FYI- Anyone interested in visiting the second site needs to be registered. Pretty easy but I wasn't sure what to put in the "Organization" box. I typed US Citizen since I don't have a professional affiliation and that seemed to work since I was sent a confirmation link.

Last edited:

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pete,

You can use them independently.

Madmox

Mar 26, 2014
IMG_3843.jpg
Satellites can totally see such things. They just fit a pair of these bad boys to the lenses! Though you can only get good resolution with the military grade ones.

Madmox

Mar 26, 2014
I don't know where you guys get all that from...

I see 2 bottles of Corona... half a pack of deteriorated Camel Cigarettes... and whats left of the center part of the January 1988 issue of Playboy.

:P

Oooo 88. A fine vintage. The hair was glorious!

TommyJ

Tenderfoot
Dec 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Launching all sorts of things into orbit will soon be very affordable. Affordable enough for several treasure hunters to chip in and launch their satellites with equipment. 21st century - progress, all that. Depending on the country, you can contact Aerospace, Blue Origin, or Skyrora if you are in the UK.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Launching all sorts of things into orbit will soon be very affordable. Affordable enough for several treasure hunters to chip in and launch their satellites with equipment. 21st century - progress, all that. Depending on the country, you can contact Aerospace, Blue Origin, or Skyrora if you are in the UK.

What is the definition of "affordable" in this instance?

OP
OP
Salvor6

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
According to sience.com:
"Launching a single satellite into space can cost anywhere between $10 million and $400 million, depending on the vehicle used. A small launch vehicle such as the Pegasus XL rocket can lift 976 pounds (443 kilograms) into low-Earth orbit for about $13.5 million. That works out to be almost $14,000 per pound."

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Virgin will charge $12Million!

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Has anyone scored with their satellite images yet?

Funny thing...when I look at places in the Caribbean where I know exactly where there is a known wreck, I cannot see any of them on any satellite photograph yet.

OP
OP
Salvor6

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I heard that one guy by the name of "Issac" found treasure near Jensen Beach based on the satellite images. The satellite guy is pissed off because Issac did not send him the 10% he requested.

TommyJ

Tenderfoot
Dec 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the definition of "affordable" in this instance?

It all depends on the satellites. A lot of technologies can get by with microsatellites weighing up to 1 kg. Competition in the small satellite launch market is expected in the next 10 years, so I think the numbers could be lower than the examples. Lower production costs with 3D printers, lower launch costs with portable spaceports (for small rockets like Sky Hy)

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting thread but.A modern-day version of the "Monuments Men" already have all the loot...Any bets ?

OP
OP
Salvor6

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
They don't "have all the loot." There are hundreds of wrecks and pockets of treasure that have still not been found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions