CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today I was using my new FBS800 coil. At the volleyball court team B must have brought some heat to the game:see the 22 long cartridge. Team A had a pendant and a key fob. At one point I had a signal that just popped in after finding a nickel. The signal was a high tone and very brief and replicated when going back really slow intermittently. So I tried to pinpoint it. That worked OK the signal was very smooth and faint. Made my plug and scanned it no signal, dug some more dirt out with my trowel and moved the dirt over coil and had high tone, split the plug and then had a high tone and for some reason I decided to check the other clod part. It had a high tone also. Turns out I had a quarter in one clod part and a dime in the other. Was a nice two coin hole haven't had one like that in recent memory. Over all the coil pinpoints great and still gets plenty of depth. I only had trouble with pinpointing one signal during the whole afternoon, which turned out out be a nickel on edge about 2 to 3 inches down. Still having a lots of fun getting to know my new safari detector, it will probably have more surprises for me down the line. :headbang: Thanks for looking.

Happy Hunts,
CARM

P.S. I have no idea which team lost the CTR initial ring, since it was right under the net! :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• 2_25_2012 sataft NPG.JPG
    2_25_2012 sataft NPG.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 523
Upvote 0

bvcxz

Jan 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Digs! Those pendants look fairly old.

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You had a real good learning day, lots of objects and coins to test the new Coil.
Good Luck
Kevin

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Today "served" up some good finds! :icon_thumleft:

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "CTR" ring is a ring worn by members of the Church of Jesus Christ the latter day saints. It stands for "Choose The Right".

M

mikusek

Looks like you had a fun day, no go here, snow on the ground again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread