Saturday morning hunt.

Urien of Rheged

Mar 7, 2024
few hours out on the pasture this morning here in Lancashire. Spent most of my time hunting close to a wood and so kept getting rewarded with 20th century shotgun shells and bullet casing.
I've been on a bit of a roll though throughout April and so didn't leave empty handed.
A little Elizabeth I (3 pence or half groat?)
Has a Martlet Mintmark though which puts it in the 1570's. I actually found another hammered too but it's in a sorry old state and pretty much indecipherable.
Also a sterling silver 1930's "Air raid precaution" volunteers badge which I was quite happy with until learning it had been designed by one Eric Gill.
As we say here in England, A Nonce.
Had a thing with his daughter. Don't think we know this because of her diary though like a certain someone you guys know only too well.

Attachments

• Liz2.jpg
    Liz2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Liz.jpg
    Liz.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Hammy2.jpg
    Hammy2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Hammy.jpg
    Hammy.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Arp.jpg
    Arp.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 38
Upvote 20

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
few hours out on the pasture this morning here in Lancashire. Spent most of my time hunting close to a wood and so kept getting rewarded with 20th century shotgun shells and bullet casing.
I've been on a bit of a roll though throughout April and so didn't leave empty handed.
A little Elizabeth I (3 pence or half groat?)
Has a Martlet Mintmark though which puts it in the 1570's. I actually found another hammered too but it's in a sorry old state and pretty much indecipherable.
Also a sterling silver 1930's "Air raid precaution" volunteers badge which I was quite happy with until learning it had been designed by one Eric Gill.
As we say here in England, A Nonce.
Had a thing with his daughter. Don't think we know this because of her diary though like a certain someone you guys know only too well.
Good, and a not good find.
I once found a large silver crucifix I believe was once owned by questionable clergyman. I bashed and destroyed it with a hammer and threw it in a bin. 😁

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeap, love the ARP badge, not had that type yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions