saturdays digs

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
nothing too tremendous. :'( i went to an old school that has produced a few finds in the past (10k gold ring,1827 large cent,1935 merc).but came up with nothing much. three Wheaties from the late 50s and 1.95 in clad.i do believe this school has given up its best. i really need to line up some new spots to hunt. Ive got a bunch of irons in the fire but Ive only gotten 1 maybe at an old 1850s house site, and 7 or 8 no`s.i`ve really been having a tough time lately. i guess its time to get in the truck and scout out another batch of possible sites and get those letters in the mail! hopefully my luck with getting permission will change soon. ;)

Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you got out...you got some keepers. Good luck finding some new spots!

HH!
TBGO

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Hollow,

good that you got out.

Always looking for new spots.

Keep those eyes open and something will come along.

have a good un.............

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey hollow.....Good luck in your searches....those sites are out there.....look for those old dirt roads out in the sticks and find those old place and I'm sure permission will not be a problem....Most people are more interested in what is found on there property...... ;D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Just dont give up, because out of the blue you will stumble onto something really good. The sites are there...sometimes digging involves more than just dirt! ;) Just let everyone that comes within five feet of you know that you are looking for sites and sooner or later people will start talking.....

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey HP, a few wheaties isn't bad. Get out there a scout out some new site, and in the meantime, keep hitting the old faithfuls. Remember, no site is ever hunted out! Good luck!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey hollowpoint..I'll take a couple wheatie's any day,Oh yeah,saved this for you.....Bloody Lane.

Attachments

• 2006_0225Image0003.JPG
    2006_0225Image0003.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 218

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Red....

Do you remember the first time you ever found a wheat....and how exciting it was. And then you find something even better like a merc dime. And then you go to looking for something a little better...like a coin before 1900 and you find it and then........

Remember that 'first wheat' feeling and you had an awesome day! ;D

Nana ;)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HP,

Glad you got out & able to find something...still good finds.

HH :)
RR

OP
OP
hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Nana40 said:
Hey Red....

Do you remember the first time you ever found a wheat....and how exciting it was. And then you find something even better like a merc dime. And then you go to looking for something a little better...like a coin before 1900 and you find it and then........

Remember that 'first wheat' feeling and you had an awesome day! ;D

Nana ;)

maybe my first post sounded a little too dissapointed :D im always happy just to get out! it was a great warm afternoon,perfect for hunting.i must admit that im really jonesing for another decent silver site, but i kinda already knew this wasnt gonna be the one.this school has been hit hard over the years. a good hunting site will turn up if i keep writing letters and doing research. its just a bit slow right now! ;)

civilman1 said:
Hey hollowpoint..I'll take a couple wheatie's any day,Oh yeah,saved this for you.....Bloody Lane.

man its amazing how much bloody lane has filled in since the battle civilman! in civil war photos of the site it is a deep trench, now its just a small depression.great picture, thanks for posting it!

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I would be happy to have a day like this. But just getting out for detecting is the hard part for me. And all I have to do is walk into my yard since I am just starting to MD. (Wonder if having my 3 little boys to keep up with would have something to do with that :)).(Oh, Yeah and the weather)

Wheaties sound pretty good!! Hope you get a really great place to hunt next.

HH
Cheryl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread