Saturdays hunt , Goldsboro NC

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
Saturday's hunt , Goldsboro NC

Yesterday, I spoke to "ChickWatkins" on the phone and we shared some treasure hunting stories (we're practically neighbors). I told him about a place I planned on trying and he said that is the exact place he found a NY militia button the day before. With his blessing , I proceeded to the place not expecting to find a lot. This place has been hit hard over the decades. After about 2 hrs of hunting in the blazing heat, finding only thermostat parts, melted lead, some brass whatsits and junque I began meandering my way back to the truck with only the thoughts of that boiling bottle of gatorade on my front seat. Suddenly , the Nauty rings out with a strong dual tone. 4 inches down was a Confederate Gardner bullet. All of a sudden, the Gatorade is on the back burner. I start circling around and get another dual tone. It turns out to be a monogramed cuff link thingy. 20 more minitues of circling around and I'm about to pass out from heat exhaustion. Back to the truck, guzzle the gatorade and i'm headed home . On the way home i see a guy bush-hogging a field near a site where there was a Civil War engagement. I stopped and asked for permission to hunt the land. He made a phone call and said sure ,,,,go right ahead. I hunted for an hour or so digging iron signals too , knowing there were cannons fired in this area. Found a tent stake , some iron wagon parts? and a 1956 wheatie.

I think I'll take it easy today. But then again , maybe not ...lol
thanks for looking and ...
HH y'all

Attachments

• DSC00016.JPG
    DSC00016.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 283
  • DSC00017.JPG
    DSC00017.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 282
  • DSC00018.JPG
    DSC00018.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 287
Upvote 0

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Saturday's hunt , Goldsboro NC

Great bullet, congrats on a hard-hunted field!

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

very cool ,so when ya going back to the new field?

Jaw Jah Danny

May 2, 2009
Thomasville, GA
Detector(s) used
MXT ,Tesoro Compadre ,Tesoro Tiger Shark, DFX

Them boys in the Old North State know how to hunt ! :thumbsup:

Keep us posted and don't drop dead on us from that heat and humidity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions