Saturdays scout camp finds

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York
Sat was the club hunt at a local scout camp. I couldn't get a hold of Seeker because I had no signal at the camp. So I had to go it alone. not much to show .

5 wheats
1896 indianhead
couple pins
1978 Canadian dime
84 cents clad
flattened penny from track area (tracks gone since 50's)
nice silver button
toothpaste tube
and a name plate from a Victor Talking machine Pattent date 1904

Tim

Attachments

• 4-29-06.JPG
    4-29-06.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 385
Upvote 0

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry could'nt find you that is a big place, Plus I went across the street when I arrived to the old site I have up on the hill.....those are some nice finds ...good Job! ;D

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dang that seeker, timmy. He's a hard guy to get ahold of, isn't he? ;) ;D

It looks like you did just fine without him. Those pins are neat looking.

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good findings.. Congrats..

Keep up the good work.

USTiger (Aka Bo)

S

southbound

Looks like you did very fine on your own Tim! Congrats.
Vern

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
I have a similar nameplate from a Victrola from the year 1924. I found it in the storage shed on the property I own. I asked my former landlady about it, and she did have the Victrola in the late 1980s...however being stored in the shed for a lot of years in the humid forests of Tennessee eventually led to the total rot and decay of the wood cabinet. So it wound up on the burn pile.

I found some double-backed tape, and stuck the Victrola plate onto the front of my Pioneer stereo receiver.

There is a website dedicated to Victrolas and I am sure the owner would love just having the info from that plate.
http://www.victor-victrola.com

Here is a link to submit serial/model no. info for their master database:

http://www.victor-victrola.com/QUESIONAIREBASIC.htm

Here is a note about the date on that plate:

Please note that the patent dates which appear on the metal dataplate, soundbox, or elsewhere on the phonograph are not indicative of the build date of a Victrola. These dates (often 1904, 1906 or similar) indicate the date that a particular design feature was originally patented, not when the machine was produced.

If you can clean that plate up, you should be able to see the Model # on the left side of it.

Here is a pic of a similar plate:

PLATE3.jpg

And one more:

DSUFFIX.jpg

Here is the page where you can find out how old that plate actually is. Just scroll down and click on the model #, and then you can determine the date of manufacture by the serial number on the plate (which appears to be 6669)

http://www.victor-victrola.com/SERIAL NUMBERS.htm

OP
OP
TimmyNY

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York
This plate is from a "premium floor model" produced in 1917 original price 250.00 a lot of money in 1917

Tim

PS thanks for the site lots of info there.

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
Great finds. Gotta love those Indians. That's just as good as silver to me. Is that button a Scout Button. I found a Silver Scout Ring, but never a silver button.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread