Sausage creole

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
Just want to share a very simple south Louisiana dish. Many variations, but this is how I was taught. Take fresh pork sausage, smoke it long enough (I use pecan) to get the smoke flavor. SautƩ onions, bell pepper, garlic, add tomatoes, j(fresh/crushed/diced), jalapeno. Simmer on low fire allowing tomatoes to reduce, cut sausage into size you want and add Be careful of salt content you add to sauce because sausage will add seasoning. I cook on low heat for about 2 hrs. Serve over rice. ENJOY!! You will not regret it. IMG_0462.jpeg

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
My great grandmother was from Crowley La, made the best Cajun. She served white rice with everything. I sure miss her cooking.
Good, authentic gumbo, etouffe and jambalaya are hard to beat. Iā€™m a big crawfish fan and I like a really dark roux; that dirty penny color. Ha-yee!

OP
OP
cajundetector

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
Good, authentic gumbo, etouffe and jambalaya are hard to beat. Iā€™m a big crawfish fan and I like a really dark roux; that dirty penny color. Ha-yee!
You might be part Cajun BF lol!! And yes, for gumbo dark roux is a must in my and others opinion, whether seafood/okra or chicken/sausage. Some people think itā€™s to hot for gumbo, I cook it all year round.

OP
OP
cajundetector

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
You might be part Cajun BF lol!! And yes, for gumbo dark roux is a must in my and others opinion, whether seafood/okra or chicken/sausage. Some people think itā€™s to hot for gumbo, I cook it all year round.
Got tons of okra in the freezer, donā€™t want it sitting in there until winter

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I had tater tot casserole for lunch today. I had frozen okra in the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients. I even like zydeco music and play a blues harp. Maybe Iā€™m cajun and didnā€™t know. Thanks!šŸŖ—

OP
OP
cajundetector

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
I had tater tot casserole for lunch today. I had frozen okra in the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients. I even like zydeco music and play a blues harp. Maybe Iā€™m cajun and didnā€™t know. Thanks!šŸŖ—
lol!! It seems as if you meet the major criteria: okra, crawfish, zydeco, blues. You just may well be.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thatā€™s a pretty decent recipe. I guess we wonā€™t kick you out of Louisiana yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread