Sausage & Peppers

M

MiniMe

Sausage & Peppers

Great for football games. Had some friends over to watch the game Sunday. Had the normal appetizers for the beginning of the game but wanted something for half time and I didn't want to stand at the grill cooking so I threw this in the oven and ready at half time.

8 Mild Italian Sausage Links (or hot if your prefer)
2 large green peppers sliced in strips
2 large onions sliced
2 cloves garlic minced
1 jar regular plain spaghetti sauce (diced tomatoes would work great too)
1 tsp. Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly Brown sausage links in frying pan - do not cook all the way. Spray 13x9 casserole dish with nonstick spray. Place browned sausage in casserole dish, put peppers, onions & garlic, on top of sausage. Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top - pour spaghetti sauce over everything. Cover with aluminum foil (sprayed with nonstick spray) and put in oven. Cook for 1 hour. Remove foil and return to oven for 15 minutes. Serve on steak rolls.

Some of us put mozzarella cheese on ours and man was it good. :)

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Sausage & Peppers

I love your recipe, but I would just leave out the tomato sauce and do everything else. For some reason I like pouring ketchup on them, and love having them on the ocean front. Nothing goes better with that sandwhich than the smell of salt water :)

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Re: Sausage & Peppers

Never thought about that before....ocean front sausage, peppers & onion subs..... Have to try it one day....sorry can't do the ketchup.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread