boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to one of those antique malls yesterday to get a grip on what other sellers are asking. Found one stall that had nothing more than a bunch of rusty iron pieces that looked like they'd been torched off equipment etc. and laid in the bottom of the junk pile for 40 years. The lowest priced item was a chain link that had been welded on something with tons of rust and later torched off for $8.00 ???

So, I asked the lady next door and she told me he sells "quite a bit", So I guess we've been cursing and throwing away valuable garbage, go figure....... :laughing7:

EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya its amazing what some people will buy, most of the time its stuff they don't need, I swear there is a mind control program telling people they need to spend money .

half-car.jpg

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
If you put a high price on something, a certain portion of the populous will believe the item is valuable regardless of all other factors, you negotiate down a bit, then they think that they are getting a deal!

Any idiot knows that 50% off of a $100 item is a good deal, right?

Psst: I've been in sales all of my life...

toolmanbutch

Aug 23, 2015
Upstate NY and Floridas East Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Bounty Hunter
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And you have probably heard; "if your lips are moving, then you are lying" I also have been in sales all my life. Hey maybe we can sell the front half of that car to East Coast Metal! And I am a believer that the more you spend on an item the better it is!:occasion14:
If you put a high price on something, a certain portion of the populous will believe the item is valuable regardless of all other factors, you negotiate down a bit, then they think that they are getting a deal!

Any idiot knows that 50% off of a $100 item is a good deal, right?

Psst: I've been in sales all of my life...

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Could be that people watch that show American Pickers and see the ridiculous
prices they pay for stuff. I know it's just TV but the idea is catching. Some people like to hang old stuff up on walls. Called "country ketch"

OP
OP
boogeyman

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be that people watch that show American Pickers and see the ridiculous
prices they pay for stuff. I know it's just TV but the idea is catching. Some people like to hang old stuff up on walls. Called "country ketch"
I'm there with you 100% on that one. After Pickers got popular, started noticing the folks at yard sales would stand there arms crossed quoting me a price waiting for me to do the dicker dance with them. I'd just respond I'll give you $xxx for it and start walking back to the car. Comical how many would run over saying "I'll take it!!!!" Sorry folks! I don't have the production company budget & my times valuable.

ProspectorJay

Greenie
Sep 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's wrought iron hobby blacksmiths will often pay more than scrap value for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions