Saving any post 1970 Kennedys?

RVA

Mar 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive seen comments and remarks in various threads about random low mintage years, etc, but no collective gathering of opinions and habits.... a local wells fargo told me they had 13 rolls of kennedys in their vault when i was depositing a check, so I said yea Ill take them... ironically they all had a finely cut razor slit down each side of them where someone had checked them out already and put a piece of tape on to close them back up, so I didnt even bother to go through them, and I could see into them anyway. But, they are all either 1998-P or 1999-P bright uncirculated bank rolls, and I have seen these go from 15 to 18 bucks a roll on ebay in BU, worth keeping or waste of time? Sit on them for awhile? The cut in the paper roll make them AU?

thoughts, opinions, arguments, useless facts...

Upvote 0

gmrestoparts

Mar 6, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
Other
I keep all very nice 2002-2012s myself. You should buy those rolls and go through them...might not find silver but if all they did was cut the side and look, there might be some PROOFs in there!

gmrestoparts

Mar 6, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
Other
plus...you can always collect all the years and upgrade as you find better coins...just a thought, I know those collections sell for pretty good money on EBAY

OP
OP
R

RVA

Mar 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no I bought them, they are on my desk, and they are all as I said, 98p and 99p BU. couldnt say no to them. I just didnt tear into them, theyre still rolled up for the most part.

John-K

Jul 31, 2012
>GJ Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The red book says they are worth $2 a piece

So does the red book truly represent actual value to dealers/collectors? Curious on this and I have no experience with this. It just makes me think of "blue" book value for a vehicle where as I have been told that rarely meets a specific areas pricing. Hoping coin collecting is more stable. :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread