Coinucopia

Nov 24, 2017
SE Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites MXT All Pro, Whites Treasuremaster, Fisher F5,
Multiple coil options
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe I'm confused or did something wrong so I'm going to get in the owners manual again and wanted to ask here as well. Hope this makes sense....

Equinox 800....I tried out saving a user profile based on Park 1. Made a few discrimination changes, iron bias, and recovery speed. Saved it as a user profile. It appears, and correct me if I'm wrong, that when I turn the user profile off and go back to factory park 1, the custom settings are there as if I'm still in custom user. Does saving a user profile basically alter the mode you built it from or use that as a template for you to build the custom profile from? I'm going to do a factory reset and try this again.

Last edited:

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the way I understand it but if you change the settings back to stock on Park 1 the custom one is still saved. But I could be wrong as I haven't tried it.

RayinAlaska

Oct 23, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Sovereign
Equinox
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I'm confused or did something wrong so I'm going to get in the owners manual again and wanted to ask here as well. Hope this makes sense....

Equinox 800....I tried out saving a user profile based on Park 1. Made a few discrimination changes, iron bias, and recovery speed. Saved it as a user profile. It appears, and correct me if I'm wrong, that when I turn the user profile off and go back to factory park 1, the custom settings are there as if I'm still in custom user. Does saving a user profile basically alter the mode you built it from or use that as a template for you to build the custom profile from? I'm going to do a factory reset and try this again.

From page 22 of the manual:
To Adjust a Search Profile:
1. Navigate to the Detect Mode Search Profile you wish to adjust.
2. Make the adjustments to the Settings and Advanced Settings for that profile. They will be automatically saved.
3. Next time that Search Profile is selected, the local settings you selected will be remembered.
If you want to restore the preset state of an individual Detect Mode Search Profile, see 'Reset a Search Profile' on page 12.
To factory reset all detector settings and Detect Modes, see 'Factory Reset the Detector' on page 12.

Once you have made changes to the detecting mode, save it as your search profile. If you want to reset the search profile you used to create a profile:
Individual Search Profiles can easily be returned to their factory preset settings. Only the local settings will be reset; any global settings will remain in their last-use state.
1. Navigate to the Detect Mode Search Profile you wish to reset.
2. Press and hold the Detect Mode button for 5 seconds.
3. The Mode icon will flash, 'SP' will appear on the Target ID Display, indicating that the Search Profile has been reset.
'SP' will appear on the Target ID Display when a Detect Mode Search Profile is reset.
4. Release the Detect Mode button. There will be a rising confirmation tone.

But to answer your question: the changes to whichever search mode you have used to create a new profile will remain that way even after you turn the detector off. When you turn the detector back on, the search move that you used last, is still there. What you can do at this time is to either reset this search profile to put it back as it comes from the factory. The profile you have saved does not change when you reset this original search profile.

However, I have no idea if a factory reset resets all the profiles, including the one you have saved.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Factory reset of the machine does reset all programs and the user profile to back to defaults.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread