saw 3 silvers this morning at my dump bank

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
went in this morning to dump 8K in halves. when i got up to the teller i checked her tray and there was 3 silver kennedy's. i asked her to sell me those and her reply was, they are already sold, and are being picked up today. i hate it when the tellers tease us with coins. if they are sold take them out of the tray. >:( >:(

Upvote 0
OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
oh by the way i just let it go, did not think it was worth pushing. just makes me feel better about dumping on um

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I wonder if they were sold to the teller?

I agree they should keep them out of the tray if they are not gonna let them go.

Jim

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Don't be so hard on these tellers. They work for low wages, and blow all their money on either make-up or Big Macs.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Rich Hartford said:
Don't be so hard on these tellers. They work for low wages, and blow all their money on either make-up or Big Macs.

I don't have any problem with tellers buying coins for themselves. But they need to take them out of the tray and keep them in their drawer if they are gonna do that and not tease all the CRHers who see them and cannot buy them.

I knew a teller once who kept a silver dime in his till for over two weeks. When I asked him why it was still in there (I asked to buy it the first time I saw it and he said no it was his) after two weeks he said he liked it when customers asked about it. You could see the rim glowing silver compared to the clad dimes in the tray. I never liked the weasel after that.

Jim

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
i would have pushed it wit the manager. I had something like that happen to me. I bought a bag of halves and the tellers had to count them to make sure the bag was right. As they are counting a teller was pouching the bag and pulling out silver. In al she pulled out like 10 in silver havles. I said something load enough for the manager to hear, she proceeded to come over and told the teller to give them to me, as i was a customer and she was an employee.

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i am going back in to the bank in the morning and see if they are still in the tray

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Rich Hartford said:

That's Funny

I'd gladly pay a couple of silvers to keep the ones who buy makeup around, vs the ones who buy Big Macs.. LOL

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread