Saw a bracelet today wish I took a picture of it

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy was asking $200 for it and I nearly jumped all over it but I wanted to try to do some research but I forgot to take a picture of it... I'm going to try to do some research on this week and go back next week and buy it if I can find anything on it. But it was a hinged bangle bracelet the hinge was 10 karat gold and the rest of it was ivory but where they came together each and was carved into a dragon's head. So it had the double Dragon on the bracelet and then the 10 karat gold hinge.. Mad at myself for not taking a picture of it so I think you guys could help and I think it's probably a pretty valuable piece worth a lot more than $200!

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It actually looked a lot like this one but who knows what it sold for on worthpoint? I don't. Except for mine or the one I saw had a double Dragon instead of a single.

SUPERB CARVED ANTIQUE PRE-BAN IVORY DRAGON BRACELET (04/15/2008)

It sold $185. Recently I read an article that either they already have or are about to get much stricter on the way you verify its an antique ivory. There is an auction I go to where I suspect that much of the jewelry is going back overseas for resale. If you put it up for auction I would say its a very safe bet there. Depending on what stubborn bidder was in the room. I saw a red coral bracelet the other day go for over $2000 and it was broken. My fear would be if it was some modern reproduction. But you know jewelry much better than I do.

Last edited:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I won't fool with ivory. Too many new rules & regs that make it almost impossible to sell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread