Saw the Glimmer of a Diamond...

pointdlr

Sep 30, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
I haven't been posting much, but I have still been out a little. I am getting very close to my 100 silver coin goal for the year. Things slowed down after the birth of my son in May....
Today, I stopped by my favorite place for a few minutes at lunch. I figured I had a chance b/c we had a nice hard rain this morning. I was right, b/c I started pulling wheat pennies in places I have worn out my coil in the past. I decided to dig one last signal, and came up with an iffy deep one. It turned out to be this ring at about 8". I froze in my tracks for a second, b/c the first thing I saw was the diamond. After I pulled out the ring, I knew it was fake(when was the last time you saw a diamond set in copper?), but what a rush. Another interesting thing about this find is that I can tell why the ring was lost. There was completely degraded fabric around the bottom like you see with wedding rings that are too big. Obviously, the fabric didn't help, and the ring slipped off....
I do think it is cool design on the ring, and probably from the 1920's or so. Art Deco style?
Regards,
Jon Dickinson.

Attachments

• metaldetecting63008.jpg
    metaldetecting63008.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 825
Upvote 0

BillyC

Jan 28, 2008
Sweet ring! I would still have it checked. heck it can't hurt. I really like the design of the ring, good hunting.

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of the designs on our belts and buckles back in my High School rodeo days. Obviously, very old, I am definitely thinking a western frontier design and material. very cool! :thumbsup:

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
With copper prices soaring, that ring is worth a few bucks.
I would have the stone checked,just in case.
Joe

OP
OP
pointdlr

pointdlr

Sep 30, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks for the comments. I hope to get out a bunch more lately. I may get over to a nice spot this afternoon. The first time I went, I popped four silver coins in about 1/2 hour. If luck is with me, I'll do it again.
Thanks,
Jon.

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you should have it looked at to see if the diamond is real. Back in the 1800's they used to put real stones in copper and other cheap alloy bands. In some places gold was really hard to come by so the jeweler made do with other metals.

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jon

on the beach, we call those Nitros - u first see it...............heart flutters and u have to take at least 2 nitro pills to calm it down

check out the stone .................looks good

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to tell you the same thing that Scott told you. So be sure to check the ring out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions