Say a prayer for me

rotty23

Nov 9, 2005
Greer SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab quattro and AT Pro
I have been passing by this beautiful old house for 17 years wishing I could detect it...I'm not a door knocker so I usually wait until I see someone outside to talk to them and it usually pays off for me...Well today I saw a old woman outside watering her plants so I quickly turned around and went back...I taplked to her about the house for about 15 min and she told me the house was built while GW was president and her family had owned it since the 1860s...I told her that I had heard that the house was on the historical society list and she said yes it was...That's when I told her I had retired from BMW in February and started my metal detecting hobby again...I told her about the hobby and how we were respectful of the property and filled in all our holes and they would never know I had been there...She told me that she would have to ask her son (who had just retired from BMW also) and her husband who was out of town until next week so I left her my name and phone number and she said she would have them call me...I told her if I found anything valuable or historically important that I would take a picture and give it to them...In my experience when someone asks someone else you normally get a no answer so please those that can say a short prayer for me to get a yes for a change because I think that this is going to be the best property I'll ever get to hunt. Oh yeah then she told me her son owns the pasture behind the house that is at least 10 to 15 acres so I'm figuring this is at least 20 acres of virgin ground that has huge history.

Thanks for listening
Phil

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i will pray for you there maybe some rare relics and coins

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck my man.

I am in sales, and have dealt with BMW in Greer since they started down there. Glad to see you made it out in one piece.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I keep my fingers crossed for ya:cross:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.k.

I'll add you, Rotty23, to my prayer list, along with the recent hurricane survivors and those first responders, those struggling in the aftermath of the recent earthquake in Mexico, most of the state of CA(they need it), my uncle who was recently diagnosed with cancer, and my brother along with his new ex-wife.

I hope you find what you are looking for. :icon_thumright:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.k.

I'll add you, Rotty23, to my prayer list, along with the recent hurricane survivors and those first responders, those struggling in the aftermath of the recent earthquake in Mexico, most of the state of CA(they need it), my uncle who was recently diagnosed with cancer, and my brother along with his new ex-wife.

I hope you find what you are looking for. :icon_thumright:

Heeeey! What about California? Hehe Im with ya. If my business weren't here, I wouldn't be either.

OP
OP
rotty23

rotty23

Nov 9, 2005
Greer SC
Detector(s) used
Thanks everyone....I will post what happens, hopefully next week

Last edited:
OP
OP
rotty23

rotty23

Nov 9, 2005
Greer SC
Detector(s) used
Good luck my man.

I am in sales, and have dealt with BMW in Greer since they started down there. Glad to see you made it out in one piece.

Do do you detect in my area? If so I could use a digging partner. I barely made it out in one piece...my body still hurts from the repetitive motion but I live with it....Glad I left when I did because from what I have been told it's getting a lot worse on the line than it was..

Last edited:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck! I would love to hunt around a colonial house that has never been metal detected or had the soil disturbed (without all the nails and iron that a cellar hole would have)! Good luck on the permission, I can only imagine what you might find! It seems like that the older and nicer a home is, the harder it is to get permission. Take advantage of this opportunity, I hope to read a post by you in Today's Finds soon!

OP
OP
rotty23

rotty23

Nov 9, 2005
Greer SC
Detector(s) used
Good luck! I would love to hunt around a colonial house that has never been metal detected or had the soil disturbed (without all the nails and iron that a cellar hole would have)! Good luck on the permission, I can only imagine what you might find! It seems like that the older and nicer a home is, the harder it is to get permission. Take advantage of this opportunity, I hope to read a post by you in Today's Finds soon!

Thanks a lot

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Heeeey! What about California? Hehe Im with ya. If my business weren't here, I wouldn't be either.

I have family there for work, they say that it takes four hours to drive less than twenty miles to the beach, and the smog is unbearable in the heat of the summer.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have family there for work, they say that it takes four hours to drive less than twenty miles to the beach, and the smog is unbearable in the heat of the summer.
It would depend where you are in California. Up North above Frisco, NEVER take that long.20 miles inland from the beach in SoCal could take an Hour to an hour and a half at most except for Santa Monica Venice Malibu. Are your relatives multi millionaires?
As far as the smog, it has not been bad since emissions control on cars 1980's Now it is not bad at all.
California just happens to be Libtard central

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
It would depend where you are in California. Up North above Frisco, NEVER take that long.20 miles inland from the beach in SoCal could take an Hour to an hour and a half at most except for Santa Monica Venice Malibu. Are your relatives multi millionaires?
As far as the smog, it has not been bad since emissions control on cars 1980's Now it is not bad at all.
California just happens to be Libtard central

LA, they moved in at a time when an apartment costed well under 300k (which I still think is a lot lol), now I heard that a tiny condo costs around 600k :dontknow:. They could have been exaggerating on the exact time it takes to get get to the beach, and the mileage. They were specifically talking about 90 degree summer days, which might have a little more highway traffic. They said that the deserts there are nice to walk through, I would like to come down and hike in CA, it sounds completely different than what I am used to in the Northeast! You are right about the emissions too. I just looked at photos of LA in the '50s compared to now and read some articles, it looks like the air is much cleaner now in the summer. I don't think anyone will get nearly as many sinus issues as anyone probably used to before the 1980's.

Santa Monica, Venice or Malibu would be quite nice to live in, if only I found that 1933 Double Eagle...

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe try for the pasture first, might seem less intrusive than the front lawn.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck. Be sure to show her your finds if she says yes.
HH
dts

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck! I hope you get permission and that it's a virgin site. Keep us posted.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dear Lord,

Please bring peace to mankind.
Eradicate all illness and disease.
Give sustenance to those who hunger.
Find shelter for those who are homeless.
And make sure that rotty23 gets permission to hunt that house.

Amen

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was in that situation once. They called me and said, sorry, but, not at that time. So, I was courteous and said, I lived in the area and would always be around. I thanked the lady for at least taking the time to give my request some thought. Then, 2 days later they called back again and said that because I had been so courteous they were giving me permission to hunt their property! Hunted that property for about 10 years and got many a nice silver coin. Nothing great, just regular stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread