SB 657 Set for Hearing April 12, Support Letters Needed Before April 5 !!!

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
:help: :icon_thumleft:

SB 657
COMM. LOCATION : SEN NATURAL RESOURCES AND WATER
HEARING DATE : 04/12/2011

TITLE : An act to add Section 5653.2 to, and to repeal and add
Section 5653.1 of, the Fish and Game Code, relating to
fish and wildlife, and declaring the urgency thereof, to
take effect immediately.

Welcome to the Senate Committee on Natural Resources and Water’s website. We welcome you to browse and become familiar with our website. It offers an abundance of information regarding our bill hearings, informational hearings, committee member contact information, FAQ’s, and announcements.
Additionally, we are proud to offer a public email address where you are welcome to send correspondence.

This email account will be monitored regularly; however, any support or opposition letters sent via email are not guaranteed to be reflected in the bill analyses.

If you wish to be reflected in the analysis, please send or fax a signed letter no later than the Tuesday prior to the hearing date when the bill is set to be heard.

Mail or
Fax it to them if you can!!! Before April 5 2011 Fax: (916) 323-2232

Senate Committee on Natural Resources and Water
State Capitol, Room 4035
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4116

[email protected]

~Listen to the Senate~
To listen to Senate proceedings you need to have speakers and a sound card installed on your computer
plus you need to download Windows Media Player for
Internet Explorer or Netscape.

http://www.sen.ca.gov/htbin/testbin/noframe_raudio

Or fax it to each one on the committee!!!

Senate Committee on Natural Resources and Water
Committee Member Roster

Fran Pavley, Chair
State Capitol, Room 4035
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4006
Fax: (916) 323-2263
Staff Contact: Committee
Scheduler: Meredith Borak

Doug La Malfa, Vice Chair
State Capitol, Room 3070
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4004
Fax: (916) 445-7750
Staff Contact: Tiffany Ryan
Scheduler: Nancy Stewart

Anthony Cannella
State Capitol, Room 3048
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4012
Fax: (916) 445-0773
Staff Contact: Erin Guerrero
Scheduler: Jamie Mori

Noreen Evans
State Capitol Room 4034
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4002
Fax: (916) 323-6958
Staff Contact: Teresa Schilling
Scheduler: Veronica Stone

Jean Fuller
State Capitol, Room 3063
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4018
Fax: (916) 322-3304
Staff Contact: Todd Moffitt
Scheduler: Cheryl Mclachlan

Christine Kehoe
State Capitol, Room 5050
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4039
Fax: (916) 327-2188
Staff Contact: Linda Barr
Scheduler: Carmen Ducusin

Alex Padilla
State Capitol, Room 4038
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4020
Fax: (916) 324-6645
Staff Contact: Khaim Morton
Scheduler: Janice Lark

Joe Simitian
State Capitol, Room 2080
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4011
Fax: (916) 323-4529
Staff Contact: Alan Gordon
Scheduler: Stephanie Hineline

Lois Wolk
State Capitol Room 5114
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4005
Fax: (916) 323-2304
Staff Contact: Mindy McIntyre
Tina Andolina
Scheduler: Jodi DeVries

Committee Republican Consultant
Steve McCarthy
State Capitol, Room 234
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-1501
Fax: (916) 445-3105

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
SEND THEM IN FOLKS!!!
Tons of them

Hefty

If you dont have a fax machine send them to me and i will fax them for you

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Hefty

This email account will be monitored regularly; however, any support or opposition letters sent via email are not guaranteed to be reflected in the bill analyses. what BS

i am glad i saved all my letters, and i guess if there not sign they don't count as well.

on the SB 670 bill i am focusing on the significant and unavoidable portion of the study, after talking with one of those guys from Whorizen, he was hinting that we cause fuming with the mercury we find while dredging, and that fuming stays suspended up to 4 days, am i incorrect when i say no matter how small an element is it still maintains its specific gravity weight GOLD 19, mercury 13, diamond 3.5. so if i find diamonds in my box doesn't it stand to say i get gold and mercury too?

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Morin 2cmorau.
I would say you are correct about weight.
I believe they are going by the inclosed system they used in their tests, i think it was on the feather river. Kind of like a snow globe. Without the chance to settle out, well of corse its going to stay suspended. They think we are idiots.

Yea the signature thing could be a problem but if people could get them to me signed either on this site by post, pm, oh hell i will fax them anyway i get them.

Hefty

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
~Listen to the Senate~
To listen to Senate proceedings you need to have speakers and a sound card installed on your computer
plus you need to download Windows Media Player for
Internet Explorer or Netscape.

http://www.sen.ca.gov/htbin/testbin/noframe_raudio

~Committee Agenda~
Natural Resources and Water

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TUESDAY, APRIL 12, 2011
NATURAL RESOURCES AND WATER
PAVLEY, Chair
9:30 a.m. - Room 112
S.B. No. 108 Rubio. Surface mining: idle mines.
S.B. No. 133 Wolk. Natural resources: Cache Creek Resource Management Plan.
S.B. No. 200 Wolk. State water facilities: Sacramento-San Joaquin
Delta: Delta conveyance facility.
S.B. No. 215 Huff. Invasive aquatic species: mussels.
S.B. No. 263 Pavley. Wells: reports: public availability.
S.B. No. 267 Rubio. Water supply planning: renewable energy plants.
(Urgency)
S.B. No. 317 Rubio. Kings River Fisheries Management Program.
S.B. No. 369 Evans. Dungeness crab.
S.B. No. 470 Evans. Commercial fishing: salmon stamp.
S.B. No. 571 Wolk. California Water Commission: master plan for financing and developing wate
S.B. No. 584 Evans. Oil spill prevention and administrative fee.
S.B. No. 657 Gaines. Vacuum or suction dredge equipment. (Urgency)
S.B. No. 752 Berryhill. Hunting entitlements: voluntary donations.
S.B. No. 834 Wolk. Integrated regional water management plans: contents.
S.B. No. 876 Harman. Tidelands and submerged lands: shore protection: lease of structures.
FIRST EXTRAORDINARY SESSION
A.B.X.1. No. 13 V. Manuel Pérez. Energy: renewable resources: endangered species: environmental

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
cut, paste, rewrite a little, but send it in please

FISH-STOCKING REFORM
Native trout and amphibian populations are declining in California and throughout the West. Scientists have shown a direct link between nonnative fish stocking and these declines, which are devastating such species as the golden trout, Lahontan cutthroat trout, mountain yellow-legged frog, Yosemite toad, arroyo toad, and Cascades frog. Most native trout in California — nearly all of which are threatened by fish stocking — are listed as threatened or endangered under the Endangered Species Act, and a number of amphibians are listed as threatened or endangered or are candidates for listing in part because of fish stocking. Nonnative trout stocking may be the single biggest factor in the decline of native fish species in the Sierra Nevada. as you know the listing does nothing to protect, but does effect the economics

The Department Of Fish and Game and special interest groups are responsible for this night-mare and clearly demonstrated their lack of knowledge of fish species.
I support SB657
this is part one i have sent to Ms Evans
i did this to show her supports of these groups have a side effect
as someone said we need to educate :laughing9:

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sorry Hefty
I have sent it in already
it was ment for others to copy and send in
My Bad i can see where you would do this for me :headbang:

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this "threat' is passed, it will be much like other faux pas made in earlier times. i.e., (And sorry, but I wasn't involved, so details are hazy,) Clamming in a CA bay. Not sure, but I think it was Morel Bay. Early last century, it was decided by our illustrious politicians that too many clams were being harvested. So, a moratorium was placed on gathering clams. Within a decade, there were no clams. The consensus was that the harvesting kept the population down, (and healthy.) When the harvesting stopped, over-population caused a rapid decline due to starvation and disease. I recall reading about this years ago. Now, if I could only figure out where to get the facts.

My Brother Russel, an accredited Indian archeologist had his pet lament. Due to the import of different grasses, he could no longer find any grasses indigent to California.

And of course, we all know about the English sparrow and the pigeon, both imported to the U.S.

I know this isn't much help in combating this proposal from hell, but it does show the harm that unreasoned good intentions can cause.

Now, I have to figure out what to say in a letter to the board. Believe it or not, I'm not all that great in this type of letter.

Eagle

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should have mentioned that reading about the native frogs and fishes being endangered brought all those thoughts on.

Eagle

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOT ONLY NO BUT LL NO-READ THE THING FOR GODS SAKE!!!. If you end CEQA you end dredging forever. If this bill was in place dredging would have been 100% completely totally dead as LL when SB670 would have just killed all dredging forever--or the Fed Appealate Courts decision killed it too without CEQA. In 39 years the absolute WORST BILL EVER AND YA'LL THINK IT'S GOOD. Drink the cool aid and repent at leisure whilst your dredging rights died. DUMB IS AS DUMB DOES and instant gratification would last less than 7 days and the DEATH FOREVERMORE :tongue3:

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep, Hoser, that's how I read it also. Was remaining silent as I didn't want to pop anyones bubble.
I would add some of my own comments here but have nothing positive to say so I won't say a thing.
Hoser said it all anyways, with true style. :tongue3: I'm gone.

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Ya know you say the same thing with whatever language you are using,on every thread you are on.
But yet you have not explained yourself as to why its a bad bill??? On any thread.
Would you please explain in more sensable terms.

As far as i see it dredging is dead right now.

Hefty

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He kind of brings to mind the man who kept telling everone that those crazy Wright Brothers will never get it off of the ground.

Once it was airborn, he ran along underneath yelling; "You'll never get it down in one piece"!! :laughing9: :laughing9:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EZ to explain "If you knew what you were talking about --you'd know what I'm talking about. Read post again-THIS ABOLISHES CEQA ---WITHOUT IT NO MORE PROTECTIONS FROM LEGISLATURE AND COURTS DECISIONS---NEVER AS NO PROTECTION ANYMORE" :tongue3:

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
So you feel that CEQA has protected us???
I dont feel so protected as i am not dredgin because of SB670!
CEQA is required for gov, pemitted projects. Are we as independent small miners, dredgers a project?
Then a CEQA (eir) should be done on every dredging site. That is totally absurd.
Then a CEQA (eir) should be done on every fisherman and where he or she fishes.
Then a CEQA (eir) should be done on every person who goes out and cuts his or her firewood.
Then a CEQA (eir) should be done on every one who has a party in a park.
Campfire permits, so on and so on..........

CEQA is a joke and gov, knows it. As they use it in the ways they want to.
Yea i feel protected!!!

Hefty

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
SB 657 = Dredging No More

I figure at least we will openly know who the supporters are so to hold them accountable IF this bill should ever make it and then it inevitably snowballs, eraticating ALL dredging forever.
We only have one good foot left as we already shot the other one, so procede with the utmost caution.

I am worried, not of this bills passing (slim chance), but the folks who read it and think this is a good deal.

CEQA is a process, a due process.
Without it a final elimination will be the easiest of tasks, have to be suspicious of this golden apple and look at who involved and their track record, read carefully and understand the CEQA process. :read2:

The focus should be flooding comments into the CDFG, before the April 29th deadline, to be included in the SDEIR for review and so to be addressed prior to the release of the final SEIR. 1000's not 100's as we seen in the recent past !!!!
We should also be looking to contact the CDFG Commisioner with concerns as he makes the final call (Yay or Nay). :thumbsup:

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
What??? Did you 2 create CEQA?
Due processed us right out of the water! And for how long???
CEQA is a process, a process that will be manipulated to the gov, benefit.
Read what they have so far. (eir) It is down right absurd!!!
CDFG are puppets for the show. They have their minds set!

Hefty

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
SB 657= Certain Death

The song goes like this-

One bill makes you smaller, one bill makes you tall, the one that this senator gives you will take dredging from us all. Go ask Hoser I think he knows..... :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread