SBSS Freedom Girl Rounds

tech125

May 11, 2010
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Made my first silver bullion purchase today. I didn't get the absolute low price on silver today
but what is important that is that I finally bought some rounds. I paid $128+10.95=$138.95 plus $1.20 for the money order and a bit more for the postage for the envelope. Paid basically $27.79 per round for each ounce of Freedom Girl BU(5oz). Orders of less than 5 you pay $5.99 premium, 5 or more is $2.99 premium per ounce. I am hoping they are delivered
in 4 weeks or less, website says 6/11/13 but with SBSS you never know from past history.

For $10 less I could have bought a Sivertowne 5oz bar shipped free, but for the $10 difference I like the look of the SBSS rounds. I am in the market for the long run and don't
plan on selling anytime in the near future.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good. I really like the looks of the Freedom Girl rounds. My opinion is that you should buy what you like. 30 years from now it won't matter whether you paid $138.95 or saved $10 by buying a 5 ounce bar. The Freedom Girl rounds may also ultimately have a slight collector premium to them so today's $10 difference may be well worth it in the long term.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Sounds good. I really like the looks of the Freedom Girl rounds. My opinion is that you should buy what you like. 30 years from now it won't matter whether you paid $138.95 or saved $10 by buying a 5 ounce bar. The Freedom Girl rounds may also ultimately have a slight collector premium to them so today's $10 difference may be well worth it in the long term.

TreasurePirate is right. Get what you like. Right now what you paid is what ASEs are going for here roughly if you want to walk out of the door with them. So you really didn't pay much over considering what the premiums are for everything else (junk silver is selling for over $27 per oz based on pure silver content when available).

Jim

OP
OP
tech125

tech125

May 11, 2010
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TreasurePirate69,

Per the sbss website supposedly they will stop selling Freedom Girl rounds July 4th, but who really knows.
Is there any way to find out the mintage on those? Might just have to wait until after they stop selling them to find out.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did better than me. Around April 1st I paid 29.9? plus $12 bucks shipping for 20 of the Freedom Girls. Then waited 45 days to get them. Hang onto them. I'm expecting a premium to hold.

A few days ago SD Bullion had them for $47 and change each. And a little note underneath saying SBSS was sold out. Today SD has the FG listed for $37 and change, and has the same note saying SBSS is sold out. Received an email today from SBSS listing them at $27 something. And, yes your right. Suppose to stop minting July 4th. Don't believe a thing that any of these mints or dealers say. Mintage? Have no idea.

OP
OP
tech125

tech125

May 11, 2010
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks to everyone(lost,Jim4silve,TreasurePireate69) who replied to my thread about the Freedom Girl rounds. I had considered buying FG rounds earlier in the year but just though it was too new a product and silver was too high priced at the time.I usually wait for things to shake out when new consumer products(cars,electronics,cell phones,etc) are released so the early adopters pay a higher price for the gotta have it now feeling.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SBSS in this sense is the Mulligan Mint also AOCS and they are the ones that have screwed up the delivery times and the Medallions, not the Silver Bullet Silver Shield name which belongs to Chris Duane who is in litigation with the Mulligan Mint. When I bought my FG's they where $32.00 each, so you did well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread