SC 3-28-2020!! British Silver 5 Shillings "East Retford, Nottinghamshire" 1790 coin?!

sugarcreek

Mar 28, 2016
S.C. by way of Va,Co,Pa,Fl, etc and YOUR Realtor.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Fisher F75LTD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SC 3-28-2020!! British Silver 5 Shillings "East Retford, Nottinghamshire" 1790 coin?!

Been a while folks and... HOLY COW! I was West of Bluffton, South Carolina today, along old route 46 towards Savannah, you know it? I have been wanting to look at this "rise", this field, for 3 plus years. Today I spent an hour and a half after securing permission. There was some Civil War history here I knew, and "Bill" said something about "cannon balls"... anyway I am always thinking COINS!

1790 front.jpg 1790 back.jpg 1790 front CLOSE.jpg 1790 back CLOSE.jpg

Anyway, I found my OLDEST coin, and near as I can figure it might be a rare one!! I wish I had a DIRTY photo for you. I first thought "SPANISH SILVER!" however, got it home to the dish soap and saw that BRITISH CROWN. I already had the tooth-pick-picked date of "1790" in the field, but I just put it into my pocket... :icon_thumright:

1790 desc!.JPG

I will appreciate any insight. I can't find much on the Net, rarity 95? Only minted ONE year? This is hand stamped Colonial Silver essentially. I think I should get it graded/slabbed? By who?? God Is Good, Give Thanks

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread