SC Low Country Newbie

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi everyone. Searched around for a good MD website to join and figured out this was one the best. So here I am!

I've been detecting for a month though I've had the bug for the past year. Living in the SC low county I'm surround by history and have always been a bit of a history nut (some just say a plain nut!). Detecting opens a whole new way to pursue my history interests.

When I got my detector several months back I was like a kid at Christmas just itching to fire it up. I finally got the opportunity to learn my machine in the back of my property where buried shell casings and an old beer can counted for my first finds. Though nothing worth keeping, they were invaluable in helping me learn my machine.

After a lot of research and planning for areas near me I finally hit the field several weeks ago. The temps were in the 100deg range so it was a short day with nothing to show except a bit of old fence wire. I was able to locate an old RR roadbed (much to my pleasant surprise!), which ran alongside current track. Due to much research of the area prior to hunting I realized the roadbed was over 120 years old.

I got to return today and got to log my very first relic find.... a fired Enfield bullet! Yeah!!!! I was only out for a few hours, again due to the heat.

My trip was even more fruitful because I had the opportunity to meet some of the folks living in the area. They pointed me to a Rev war era homesite and welcomed me to search it if I wanted to. Guess where my next trip will be?!

I'll post the bullet in the finds forum and hope to meet other area detectorists on here. Looking forward to being a member here and of the detecting hobby!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: South Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello from New York! :occasion14:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread