Scapular medal and POC (Plain Ol Clad)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scapular medal and POC (Plain 'Ol Clad)

Played around yesterday in the Jewelry mode on my F-75 during a 1/2 hour lunchtime hunt. Was able to get the sensitivity up to 90(!), which I liked as at home in my test garden it gets flighty after 50 or so (must be the power & telephone lines at the road out front). Still a little "twittery" but not too distracting. Discrim at 6 and no notch (0 to 99 scale), 4H tones. Found an aluminum religious medal (Czech or Polish writing?) that read a steady "72" and a few coins. The nickels were high and sweet audio, and the '57 was a good 8" (showed 7 in pinpoint) and shows some pitting. Also dug some trash. The bottle cap and foil I figured as such and dug anyway just to be sure. The punch-out tab fooled me for sure, and the other tabs sounded good enough that I dug. The detector is fairly new to me and I still dig most iffy hits and some lousey hits to learn. Medal was only 3" deep and may have come in with a load of fill as that section of the park appeared to have been graded. It had some flood damage last year - the silt left in other spots has turned to cement.

Thinking I may have to alter my Lesche. The "ears" make it hard to dig a small hole more than 7" deep.

I have to do further work in the jewelry mode. It falses enough that I end up taking twice as long (double sweeping spots to confirm "real" hits) but does seem to be more sensitive to items.

For our European readers, the writing is :

NAJSLODSZE SERCE JEZUSA BADL MOJA MILOSCIA MEDALIK SZKAPLERZ

Back side (with image of Mary & baby Jesus)

O NAJSWIETSZA PANNO MARJO CZESTOCHOWSKA RATUJ NAS *****

The back is in a bit worse shape. It actually looks much better to the camera than it does in the hand. That's a first.

Attachments

• HPIM0146.jpg
    HPIM0146.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 271
  • HPIM0146X.jpg
    HPIM0146X.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 275
Upvote 0

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Re: Scapular medal and POC (Plain 'Ol Clad)

Hit that baby with "Mothers" aluminum polish.

You keep diggin' all those signals like that and the gold will pile up quick!

Ridley

R

RUDY2003

Re: Scapular medal and POC (Plain 'Ol Clad)

Good goin' Charlie... I usually have two to one in trash to coin at schools and parks....
Keep safe...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions