Scarborough Park - Day 4 - 2 Silvers & a Watch!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Scarborough Park - Day 4 - 2 Silvers & a Watch!

Hello Friends! :hello:

Got back to the park for another 4.5 hours of hunting today! :icon_thumright: Upon arrival it was snowing, so I decided to wait, as I knew it would stop soon. Sure enough the snow stopped and the sun started to shine. The park was extremely wet following 2 days of rain and snow showers! :-\ Most of my holes filled up with water the moment after I dug them! :o Not to mention kneeling in the water and mud to dig every couple of minutes . . . I was a muddy mess by the end of the day! :laughing7:

My first find was the 1964 Silver Dime, followed by the Navy Button. This is an old button, that I believe is from the French Navy possibly from WWII. Then came the 1957 Silver Quarter, followed by the Coleman Watch! :icon_thumright: This silver quarter makes my 5th silver coin found at this park in the past 4 days! ;D

The Coleman watch was only 2" below the surface and was still running when I pulled it from the ground. The body of the watch is in great condition, though the face has suffered some deterioration from being in the ground. I'm thinking of having the face restored and then selling it! :thumbsup: I think I'll head back again tomorrow for a couple of hours, but this park isn't even close to being covered yet! :laughing7: Total cash found today $ 4.47

Thanks for looking and best of luck to everyone,
Dave

Attachments

• Scarborough Park - Day 4 002.jpg
    Scarborough Park - Day 4 002.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 780
  • Scarborough Park - Day 4 001.jpg
    Scarborough Park - Day 4 001.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 791
  • Scarborough Park - Day 4 003.jpg
    Scarborough Park - Day 4 003.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 775
  • Scarborough Park - Day 4 004.jpg
    Scarborough Park - Day 4 004.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 786
  • Scarborough Park - Day 4 007.jpg
    Scarborough Park - Day 4 007.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 776
  • Scarborough Park - Day 4 005.jpg
    Scarborough Park - Day 4 005.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 768
  • Scarborough Park - Day 4 006.jpg
    Scarborough Park - Day 4 006.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 768
  • Scarborough Park - Day 4 008.jpg
    Scarborough Park - Day 4 008.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 786
  • Scarborough Park - Day 4 009.jpg
    Scarborough Park - Day 4 009.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 775
Upvote 0

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Scarborough Park - Day 4 - 2 Silvers & a Watch!

ANTIQUARIAN said:
pl8man said:
That has been a great park for you Dave ! The silver and other great finds keep coming . :icon_thumright: . You need to make your way down here to San Jose , California and do some hunting with me ! No snow here just in the low 70's !!!!
Glen

Thanks very much Glen! :thumbsup: Hey, I like your new avatar, very nice! :notworthy:

I got back to the park today for 2 hours and found a 1962 silver quarter! :D
This makes six silvers from this site in the last 7 days . . . and I'm not even halfway though the park yet! :laughing7:

Glen, I'd love to get back to to So. Cal. and do some hunting with you! :icon_thumright: I flew to LA back in February this year. I rented a car and drove to Vegas as I had to work a trade show and had always wanted to see the Mojave Desert! :o You might remember me posting pics of that.

The same offer extends to you Glen! :thumbsup: If you ever want to come up to Toronto, I'd be happy to take you out detecting in the snow and the mud! :laughing7:

Take care buddy,
Dave

PS. Here's a pic of the silver quarter I found today and all the silver coins I've found over the past week.

Thanks for the offer !! I hope some day to go into Canada . Forget LA :laughing7: , I'm in the Bay Area , 50 mile south of San Francisco . We only have 1 million people here is San Jose ;D .
That silver looks great !! Keep it coming :headbang:
Glen

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

nice job Dave! are those watches pricey? amazing it was still tickin :laughing7:

OP
OP
ANTIQUARIAN

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

pl8man said:
ANTIQUARIAN said:
pl8man said:
That has been a great park for you Dave ! The silver and other great finds keep coming . :icon_thumright: . You need to make your way down here to San Jose , California and do some hunting with me ! No snow here just in the low 70's !!!!
Glen

Thanks very much Glen! :thumbsup: Hey, I like your new avatar, very nice! :notworthy:

I got back to the park today for 2 hours and found a 1962 silver quarter! :D
This makes six silvers from this site in the last 7 days . . . and I'm not even halfway though the park yet! :laughing7:

Glen, I'd love to get back to to So. Cal. and do some hunting with you! :icon_thumright: I flew to LA back in February this year. I rented a car and drove to Vegas as I had to work a trade show and had always wanted to see the Mojave Desert! :o You might remember me posting pics of that.

The same offer extends to you Glen! :thumbsup: If you ever want to come up to Toronto, I'd be happy to take you out detecting in the snow and the mud! :laughing7:

Take care buddy,
Dave

PS. Here's a pic of the silver quarter I found today and all the silver coins I've found over the past week.

Thanks for the offer !! I hope some day to go into Canada . Forget LA :laughing7: , I'm in the Bay Area , 50 mile south of San Francisco . We only have 1 million people here is San Jose ;D .
That silver looks great !! Keep it coming :headbang:
Glen

Sorry about the geographical mix up Glen! :tongue3: I was thinking that Disneyland was in San Jose, when I know it's in Anaheim, north of LA! :laughing7:

Thanks for the words of support buddy . . . found anymore rings lately? :thumbsup:

Dave

HEAVYMETALNUT said:
nice job Dave! are those watches pricey? amazing it was still tickin :laughing7:

Hey Dave, I googled the watch and found them on-line, but I can't seem to find any advertised prices? :icon_scratch: This baby is heavy and I'd like to get the face 'touched up' to make it wearable so that I can sell it. The watch band are in great shape and so is the watch body! :thumbsup:

You know what I say, "if it's heavy, then it's expensive, so put it down before you break it!" :laughing7:

Best of luck to you bud,
Dave

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Nice hunt and haul Dave, congrats on the silvers and the running watch. Good luck on the return, first two pics are cool shots :thumbsup:

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other

Sweet button :icon_thumleft:

You did good out there :coffee2:

Blaze

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread