SCHICK KRONA EDGE

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Hi all,
Enjoying my day off I lounged around a bit then went to a friends house to do some hunting.Very polite lady who told me details about the house and yard and even brought me a towel some drinking water and a small container of water to wash my finds.Didn't do much in the back yard,only a few clad and the razor dispenser i believe is circa 1960 but the front yard was a different story.Even though still found some clad,i did pop out 3 wheats in the same hole and 2 silver dimes in various locations along with another wheat.Very enjoyable outing.

peace,bigrig

Attachments

• 2 rosies.jpg
    2 rosies.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 300
  • 4 wheats.jpg
    4 wheats.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 295
  • krona.jpg
    krona.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 299
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds B/R!

HH

Lonewolfe

PDX Lefty

Greenie
Jul 29, 2005
Portland, Oregon
Wow that was sure a nice lady. And nice finds too.
They still had that type of razor in the 70's. Not really sure when they phased them out, but I would guess late 70's possibly eary 80's.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Glad to see ya finding some silver coins BigRig. Keep up the good work.

HH Jer

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
A Wheat or Wheatie is a Lincoln cent dated 1909 - 1958. The reverse of those cents has wheat ears.

Lincoln cents 1959 to present have the Lincoln Memorial on the reverse.

The Lincoln cent was the first US coin minted for circulation to honor a president. 1909 was the 100-year anniversary of Lincoln's birth. The Mint decided to update the coin after 50 years so the "Memorial" cent was born.

Watch for changes with the cent in 2009. The Lincoln cent will be 100 that year and long overdue for an overhaul. (I would love to see a new cent with a beautiful design like the Flying Eagle (FE) cent.)

Hope that answers your question.

F

Floater

Nice finds BigRig. That soil must be pretty stable to produce a old schick dispenser that you can read and also the silver is really in nice condition. Not a lot of pocket time on those. HH

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Nice Digs, WTG!!!
Looks like hunting those houses are really paying off for ya...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver BR! Sounds like your progressing towards relic hunting, LOL. I once had a lady bring me a cup of coffee and a piece of cake out to the middle of a field, nice lady. HH, Mike

rabajohn

Aug 10, 2005
Woodlawn, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & ole Tesoro Silver Sabre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome coins! I can't wait until I get my first silver. Don't get em all til I get one! Great stuff!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread