School is back in... Time to work!!!!!

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hope you find some great gold out there, and I love mindat! Happy hunting!

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well she's already known at work as a "Gold Digger". Now she's become a "Crack Addict". Not too many guys here can say that same about their ladies. Of course these labels are only in the best of ways. Robi is NOT materialistic in the least and she doesn't even take aspirin let alone any other drugs.

If she was either of the other meanings of these labels I wouldn't be with her.

EDIT: Considering that we couldn't really get in and clean out the cracks completely due to Keith not being able to make it out with his vacuum, I am looking at all this material we brought back as "Over Burden". With two sluice box pickers and a number of nice chunky little pieces already found, I can't wait to see what going over that area again with a vacuum will turn up. Granted we got everything we could out of the cracks and split a few of them open as well, there's still a lot of material that could be gotten out. I'm not going to be happy till that bedrock is clean enough to eat off of! When I do this kind of digging, I use a system that allows me to tell just where each and every bucket came from. The big picker came from the last stuff we dug, so I know that the area we're just getting into is going to be a good one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well the totals are in for the last trip and they are promising indeed. The sample we got from the open area next to us was not great with only one small piece of gold in 10 gallons but the materials from the wash that's on the claim had some nice gold in them. I'm sure they would have been better if Keith had been able to make it out with his vacuum, because we had to leave a lot of materials in the cracks.

From the wash samples we got about 9 grains in 30 gallons including a couple of nice pickers. The first one I found I was able to grab it out of the sluice without even having to shut off the water. The second one I didn't see until I had shut the water off to do a clean out. The rest of the gold was nice and chunky. I didn't find any fines at all which is alright because I'd much rather have chunks than gold I have to squint just to be able to see. ;)

Due to the Munchkins B-day party we're not going to be going out this weekend. I want to know how I got put in charge of games for this shin-dig. Looks like it's going to be the traditional kids party games since I couldn't figure out how to turn panning for gold into something that 6-7 year olds would really enjoy.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, well have fun party planner and MC....
Glad you know what you're working with now, even I just a little bit. It's getting closer for me, I should be able to get out there for a few days, in the next 6weeks. Can't wait!

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Chris H is going to be out from Houston for a week starting on the 17yh of March. We'll be working and staying at the claim all that week. If you could time your trip out for then...... PARTY IN GREATERVILLE PEOPLE!!!!!

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm sure they would have been better if Keith had been able to make it out with his vacuum, because we had to leave a lot of materials in the cracks.

Oh blame me... :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: Now Now... I did not have a vehicle to drive as my wife had my truck due to her vehicle needing a water pump of which is under warranty.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Now Keith... That's NOT blaming you. I know you were riding with someone else and had no control over where you went. I was merely stating that a vacuum would have allowed us to do a better job of cleaning out those cracks. I am also looking at it like this... We've got the overburden out of the way now so when we do get a vacuum out there it will go much faster. I do need to talk to you when ya get a chance though.. Call me at your convenience. Just not during the game. I want to enjoy seeing the Broncos get broken.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now Keith... That's NOT blaming you. I know you were riding with someone else and had no control over where you went. I was merely stating that a vacuum would have allowed us to do a better job of cleaning out those cracks. I am also looking at it like this... We've got the overburden out of the way now so when we do get a vacuum out there it will go much faster. I do need to talk to you when ya get a chance though.. Call me at your convenience. Just not during the game. I want to enjoy seeing the Broncos get broken.
hey, wait a minute there on that Broncos comment!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
^^^LIKE!^^^
Oh ok, I feel better now thanks! ;-)

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope... No issues here at all. It's just that the Broncos took my team out of the picture so I feel it's payback time. I really don't care who wins the game. I just want it to be a good one. Nothing more boring to me than a game where it's like the other team didn't even bother to show up. I'd rather stick bamboo slivers under my fingernails than watch a game like that.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
actually I agree with you on that last point sir! I hope it's a real competition and an entertaining game...even if the other guys win in the end (just don't tell my neighbors...folks are pretty crazy about the Broncos around here right now!)

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nope... No issues here at all. It's just that the Broncos took my team out of the picture so I feel it's payback time. I really don't care who wins the game. I just want it to be a good one. Nothing more boring to me than a game where it's like the other team didn't even bother to show up. I'd rather stick bamboo slivers under my fingernails than watch a game like that.

Jeff's True Colors

SanDiego-Chargers.png

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You got it Keith! The best team that has never won a superbowl!

Kevin... At half time I'm ready to turn the channel to watch Sponge Bob with the munchkin. Just be glad I don't have your ph# dude! LOL I'd be calling you to rub it in. (And talk gold of course ;) )

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well with what I found in the sluice this afternoon I think Robi might become a "crack addict". ;) I had just finished running the last of the materials from the wash and after letting the water run for a few minutes to clear the last of the junk out I shut her down. As usual I examined the upper mat looking for pickers when lo and behold I found a nice nugget sitting about two inches from the point that I put the materials into the system! I'd quesstimate it at about 4.5 to 5 grains and it didn't even require tweezers to get it off the mat. Robi is almost ready to start cracking full time out there!
that sounds like a good day .

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You got it Keith! The best team that has never won a superbowl! Kevin... At half time I'm ready to turn the channel to watch Sponge Bob with the munchkin. Just be glad I don't have your ph# dude! LOL I'd be calling you to rub it in. (And talk gold of course ;) )

Well, that was just horrifying. Talk about a team that failed to show up! Wow. I wish you had my number too, talking gold would have been a far better use of my time instead of being at the neighborhood party! Would even have been worth you rubbing it in.

Now we better get this thread back on topic before someone here breaks down crying ;-)

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You got it Keith! The best team that has never won a superbowl!

Kevin... At half time I'm ready to turn the channel to watch Sponge Bob with the munchkin. Just be glad I don't have your ph# dude! LOL I'd be calling you to rub it in. (And talk gold of course ;) )

Well I had a 50/50 chance of getting it right. You may have been a 49er fan, but I do not recall you saying you lived in northern CA so I thought you had to be a Charger fan...

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Only one that should be crying is Manning! That boy got SPANKED for sure! I can't remember EVER seeing Denver look that bad in a game. The SeaHawks were flat out on fire and it seemed they couldn't do anything wrong.

OK.. Now that feetball season is OVER, time to get back to the gold. Making plans for the next trip out to the claim already. Will be taking the Munchkins 1/2 brother out to start teaching him the ropes. Good kid and he seems willing to learn so this should be good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread