School Starts Tomorrow...

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I did not want to go back to school either (when I was in school)....It is better than going to work every day.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My twins go back Tuesday,it's their last year in highschool before college.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't want kids going back to school yet either, they will hamper my searches :laughing9:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just think the yards is getting replanted with coins and we can hunt and pick up everything on the week end. Oh boy more clad for the picking and maybe just maybe a ring or two.....Matt

OP
OP
jlb783

jlb783

Dec 1, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Outback
Produce Guy said:
My twins go back Tuesday,it's their last year in highschool before college.
Luckys!
I still have 3 years to go! >:( :(

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
School is a life long event. Just because your not in a class room does not mean that you know everything about your hobby.

I'm retired and WANT to learn more about my hobby. School does not limit itself to four walls and a teacher.

Putting a limit on the idea of schooling is putting a limit on what your willing to learn about the fun things to do in life.

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"School is a life long event."

Amen to that statement. I have some bad news for the "kids" posting in this thread. It never ends. Anymore, if you want to stay employed you'll have to continue to take classes of one sort or another in almost every type of profession out there (unless you're planning on being a janitor, maid, or some other unskilled labor) to stay current and employable. The best thing you can do for yourself is learn how to make learning easier, how to be a better test taker, how to study more effectively. Those are the real things you need to take away from school. Everybody complains about all the useless facts we have to learn in school and misses the whole point of school. The point is learning how to learn, because later on in life the most successful are those that can absorb more information quickly, retain it and put it all together to get the big picture.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was young & In School & Hated it,
Everyone older told me They Wish they were still in school
& That when I Get older I would also.

They were Wrong.

I'm glad it's you & not me. :wink:
But also I feel for You.

Good luck ! :)

OP
OP
jlb783

jlb783

Dec 1, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Outback
jeff of pa said:
When I was young & In School & Hated it,
Everyone older told me They Wish they were still in school
& That when I Get older I would also.

They were Wrong.

I'm glad it's you & not me. :wink:
But also I feel for You.

Good luck ! :)
;D
I have always hated school but, I didn't hate school last year for some strange reason. But based on yesterday I don't think I'm gonna like it much this year. :-[

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like BamaBill's response and it's pretty much true. School ain't never out, contrary to what Alice Cooper said. I hated public schooling. It's very bad if you're smarter than your teachers, or at least perceive you are. I was called into the counselor's office for a discussion once because I had an A- in Algebra and these series of tests we had taken indicated I should have been higher. My grandpa walked out of school after 2 days. I am the first member of my family to graduate from high school and attend college, and I'm proud of that and appreciate all my teachers put me through. Unlike my grandpa, I can read and write, and don't have to sign an X for my name. So hang in there. Do they still send you home if your hair touches your ears? I had a lot of trouble with that rule.

OP
OP
jlb783

jlb783

Dec 1, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Outback
RGINN said:
Do they still send you home if your hair touches your ears? I had a lot of trouble with that rule.
Haha no.
You should see some of the guys at my school. :headbang:

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
The school of life. A very pleasant place to be.

Every time I turn my pea sea on,I try to learn something.

Every time I leave the house, I learn something new.

As a dyslexic, it is my duty to teach myself what I want to know about my hobby and my business. The way I look at it is, you have questions for this forum because you want information that your not privy to know about yet. That becomes a learning process for you. That is a true definition of SCHOOLING. That is life. That is the way you find more treasure. To learn about it first is to get more knowledge of how to find it, preserve it, sell it, or just enjoy the treasure for a long time to sell some later, give some to your kids and grand kids or museums.

School is not a classroom with a teacher, it is life itself.

A person who stops learning is a person whom gave up on life and them self as a person of interest.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here's some hope.........SCHOOL WILL BE DONE SOON. Then, You'll have to go to work every day (with the exception of a couple days of here and there) Pay bills, wait, it gets better. Your bones start hurting and then you still have to get up and go to work every day and pay bills. Good luck! :) I'm just messin with you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread