School Yard Finds

Hoosier

Apr 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax , Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2
I hunted a school yard today with a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2 . I was wondering if switching to a 10 inch coil will improve reading coins deeper down ? I like the machine but I feel it doesn't read coins very deep. Below are my totals.

Quarters 5
Dimes 6
Nickels 2
Pennies 16

Total : $ 2.11

Attachments

• BH1.JPG
    BH1.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 774
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I did just that. nobody seemed to care.
I found some a bullet at the park though... idk anything about it..
I'm sure you guys can help me identify it... thanks

Sometimes referred to a 'foster type' slug for hunting Deer etc..

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to add my 2 cents about coin depth. Contrary to popular belief there are not tons of targets at the 6+ range. Most of your targets are going to be in the < 4" range. I do find my share of old coins in the parks still but conditions have to be right and I have to be in the right frame of mind to hear them. Those targets are closer to 8+ deep.

If I am in the mood to dig all targets and I think the area might hold a deeper target then I hunt for those deeper targets. If I am just out for a relaxing jaunt then I load my coins only program and get some practice pinpointing coins. I even run my sensitivity at a ridiculous number like 10 or less. With deeper targets comes greater responsibility to cover holes and make things look good, cause it looks bad when you dig a 12"deep X 8" across hole at the park.

In short don't worry about depth right now that should be the last thing you worry about. Right now worry about pinpointing targets and clean target recovery. I practice all the time. I don't hunt for deep stuff nearly as much as I practice getting to know my machine and PINPOINTING.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DetectorRay

Greenie
Apr 15, 2012
Jonesboro, Ar
Detector(s) used
Radio Shacks finest coin beepin box, a Discovery 1000, recently bought a Cen-Tech pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your right Crusader...but i wonder why it was in a park across from an elementary. No deer here...:dontknow:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread was posted 4 YEARS AGO and gets more replies than anything found Today Another thumbs up smilie X 1000 :thumbsup: :tongue3:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread was posted 4YEARS AGO and gets more replies than anything found Today Another thumbs up smilie X 1000 :thumbsup: :tongue3:

I was just helping with an ID, like always. I never check date stamps, I couldn't care less.

DetectorRay

Greenie
Apr 15, 2012
Jonesboro, Ar
Detector(s) used
Radio Shacks finest coin beepin box, a Discovery 1000, recently bought a Cen-Tech pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea I'm new and I thought posting on old dates was a noob mistake...
I never look at dates either unless curious.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
who cares how long ago...still nice finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread