Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit spot that is mostly a fishing spot now but was swimming area years ago - was only getting sinkers and lures
then got a thin merc dime - got a small pyramid sinker way out and got another similar sounding reading bout a foot away and thought
it was another small pyramid - was surprised when I looked in and saw shinny gold class ring with red stone - 1964
next hour was just more sinkers and lures and a few net weights - went back out deeper and got a ring style pull tab sounding reading
was again surprised with another class ring - 1965! Worked out there for another 1/2 hour without a hit ...then out in the middle of no where
got a good solid signal - thought it was another sinker - turned out to be nice silver cross. Turned out to be a good day.

Attachments

• jul730casp.JPG
    jul730casp.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 37
I think you saying a good day is an understatement. A GREAT day. Looks like some hefty rings there Casper. Congrats

Good day playing hookie, You get an A my friend!!!!

Definitely an "A" day! Nice finds.

Man those are some nice rings you found. That was a great day! HH

If/when I ever have a day like that, you'll know. I'll be typing in ALL CAPS!! Nice finds!!! Really Nice!!!

Awesome Casper !! Congrats !!

WTG Mr. Casper!! Still got the touch!!

will attempt to find owners - - both would be in their 70s

Awesome. Congrats.

Congrats on the great finds! You find the rings where ever you look! :icon_thumright:

Man you found some good stuff, congrats on two awesome gold rings

Very nice Casper!! Congrats on the gold and silver.
The dime has had a few hits, clips, and bumps that's for sure.

WTG Casper!! Those are some great finds!! Really like the cross and rings are awesome. Well done!! Congrats and HH

Great hunt Casper! Not one, but TWO gold rings...wow! What the heck happened to that merc dime? Looks like its bee through the war. Congratulations.

I dont think you were the student Casper, I think you were the teacher because you sure taught us a lesson !! Great hunt.

Great hunt Casper! Not one, but TWO gold rings...wow! What the heck happened to that merc dime? Looks like its bee through the war. Congratulations.
its funny - coins here get caked if they sit and get worn thin if they are in a spot with movement - that dime is razor thin - did not touch it - as found - edge is bent over - don't know if I did that with scoop or not - glad gold still comes out as gold - again ...as found ...the darker one must have silver in it for other alloy because it is tarnished but it should shine up
both are 10k - I thought the red stone one might have been 14k because of its shine - both were around 8 ins down in like chest deep water at low ttide

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back