Schoolyard Silver and Bling with a side of Chinese (?) Coin/token

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit one of my favorite producing schoolyards yesterday evening. Found a marked .925 sterling filigreed cross earring, a peace sign button, and two well-worn kids' rings. I also found my first Chinese (?) coin, which I will put on the "What is it?" forum for a hopeful identification. With "monsoon-like" rains pouring in tonight, I won't get out until this weekend, ugh. Happy hunting to all! Sub 8-)

Attachments

• chinesecoin1.JPG
    chinesecoin1.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 119
  • chinesecoin2.JPG
    chinesecoin2.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 114
  • chinesecoin3.JPG
    chinesecoin3.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 116
  • chinesecoin4.JPG
    chinesecoin4.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 119
  • chinesecoin5.JPG
    chinesecoin5.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 15
Very nice silver Sub. I haven't found one of those Chinese coins yet but saw Cjon dig one so I know they are around. I see lots of 'em posted on here.

Thanks to fellow T-Netter Bigfoot1, the Chinese cash coin is identified as from the reign of Emperor Shih Tsu (like the dog!), circa 1661 AD. This is my oldest coin ever, (if it is real.) Sub 8-)

Sweet hunt and Congrats on your oldest coin!!

I've got one cash coin myself, looks a lot like yours too.

Congrats on the silvers Sub, and your new oldest coin. Please send some rain to NC. It's bone dry and way hot! Best of luck to you!

Well done Sub. :thumbsup: Always nice to find a little silver. My fingers are crossed that oriental coin is real.

Very cool, there are allot of Chinese coin id sites. Charms and cash coins. I found one, it was a charm. There are sites that you can id yours. Looks real to me but I'm not an expert.

CORNFUSES SAYS MAN WHO SIT ON POINTED FINGER WILL SURELY GET THE POINT, AND HOW.... SUB, NICE COIN ...........

Congrats on the silvers Sub, and your new oldest coin. Please send some rain to NC. It's bone dry and way hot! Best of luck to you!

Thanks Tom, and much luck to you also. I am done with the rain this year. I know relatives and friends in California and the east coast would scowl at that. The midwest is saturated, great for digging, but nasty to be out in... On the upside, our fellow T-Netters who hunt Native Artifacts will have happy hunting grounds with in all of the new wash outs!
Sub8-)

I love those little pieces that are crafted so nicely! :thumbsup:

The Chinese coin looks like it might've been part of a bracelet or some such.

Nice!

Thanks to fellow T-Netter Bigfoot1, the Chinese cash coin is identified as from the reign of Emperor Shih Tsu (like the dog!), circa 1661 AD. This is my oldest coin ever, (if it is real.) Sub 8-)

That 1661 is awesome!!

I love those little pieces that are crafted so nicely! :thumbsup:

The Chinese coin looks like it might've been part of a bracelet or some such.

Nice!

I think you're on to something, Whadi, and my thinking is leaning this way...it was off of a Shih Tsu dog's collar! I say that because of the steel ring loop, not gold or silver or even plated. The steel ring is just like the ones that hold my dogs' tags to their collars! Makes sense? Sub 8-)

Nice site there Sub ,I like those old cash coins too even tho most here don't think much of them :occasion14: I got one that I am thinking is 800-1200 A.D. from Korean area.

Nice silver score! Congrats!

I haven't found a Chinese coin yet either.

Take a look at this site. You can narrow down the dynasty and era, but you will need to measure the diameter (with a caliper) to perfectly ascertain what coin it is.

Chinese coins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back