Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Sorry, Art. Couldn't help myself on that one. Actually, the only reason Pluto is no longer considered a true planet (but now a dwarf planet, something you forgot to mention) is that they changed the classification of what is considered a planet. The same thing could happen any day with a number of different things, but dowsing is safe. It's not classified at all, so no one could possibly change it's classification as...get ready for it...nothing!

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
And again you post to much information. I agee there is no Scientific Facts that prove Dowsing doesn't work. But it looks like someone decided the scientific rules that controled which objects are considered Planets have changed. So much for Rock solid, unchanging, etc. Scientific Facts...Art

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
I heard on a radio program that they have found 3 more planets in our solar system, anybody know anything about this.

I remember along time ago watching something on the discovery channel or something talking about some ancient civilization that had "protectors from the sky" or something (aliens) and they had paintings or carvings or something of our solar system which had each planet but also had 3 more after pluto. Anyway, anybody hear of that? Or are these "protectors from the sky" implanting these things in my brain again?

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Aarthur- "I agee there is no Scientific Facts that prove Dowsing doesn't work."

And, once again, there is no scientifc fact that dowsing DOES work. So there ya go, have fun with it. ;)

In fact, gravity is just a theory- but I believe in that one, because it can be measured.

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
THere's no scientific evidence to prove or disprove dowsing. I guess that is why people label it controversial.

There is evidence to support dowsing, no evidence to not support it except that people chose to not believe it because modern science can't yet explain it. It will one day. People don't believe in chi because it isn't scientifically explained, ofcourse no one has taken the time to study it. There are studies in progress now, I haven't heard any results though, I betcha it is related to electricity.

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
You copied that from some where...I read that before.

Anyway, dowsing is very personal, some people maybe can't dowse with rubber soles. I've never heard that from a dowser but...okay, I only use one bent welding rod, in my right hand, my style of dowsing utilizes sensor boards, I don't claim 100% accuracy...I don't know what accuracy I would proclaim, I haven't dowsed long enough to make any such claim, and it depends on what you claim to be success. When dating an object, it was found earlier by a more qualified dowser to be from 1216 A.D., I haven't read those records and I got about 1220 or 30, it was a wide not real clear reaction, but I'm happy that I'm even within 50 years of the actual date (1216) so anyway.

"There is plenty of evidence not to support it, but it doesn't matter to believers." I think if there is evidence to say I am wrong, I think that might concern me. But all skeptics have for evidence is that it is fully scientifically supported (that does not mean science is against dowsing, it is rather neutral, I'd say favoring dowsing because there are some ideomotor theories which are perfectly scientific, dowsing is not paranormal or occult, I can say that).

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:
Gee...Another Scientific Fact is wrong...How could that be so? Pluto is not a Planet? I have been told for weeks that these laws are set in stone. I guess I am right…..They are only right until some one proves they are wrong…Art

HuuuuM ?

I thought this was what this thread was about :P

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Sandsted,
Heard the same report. Seems they have taken Pluto to a whole separate list and are thinking about adding a moon from one of the planets an object in the asteroid belt and a comet to the list. I'm confused.

grizzly bare

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you have scientific facts confused with physics. The laws Physics are pretty much fixed, but the truth is science and fact are oxymorons. Some scientists are just morons or maroons as that little Martian guy on Bugs Bunny cartoons says. Monty

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Here's where I have trouble...The difinitions are so vag and use the same words. I am told that I am mixing Scientific Facts up with Physics. Now Physics is the Science of matter and energy. Would the facts of a physic study not be Scientific Fact? It seems to me that the brainy people are playing with words so it looks like they are smarter than us...Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
From how I understand the classification system, a planet must follow a certain solid orbit and be of a certain size to receive qualification as a planet. Next class down in a dwarf planet, and I can't recall the one below that. But Monty brought up a great point. The laws of physics are immutable, while names can be changed at the drop of a hat. The panel that changed the classification of Pluto came to this concensus after a vote. And, of course, voting is a man-made system.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Just sounds like more Double Talk...Some thing changed. It had to be Scientific in nature. classification system ...Scientific until we change our minds again?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the compliment! One thing I have never been accused of is being "brainey". Monty the brainey guy! Wow, I like that! Did you think that up all by yourself or did you have help? Come on now level with us you brainey guy! :D :DMonty

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
Just sounds like more Double Talk...Some thing changed. It had to be Scientific in nature. classification system ...Scientific until we change our minds again?

Are you really this thick, Art? What is a name? A label. Is a label scientific? Hardly. It's just a system that simplifies communication so everyone can be on the same page in any discussion. If I suddenly decided that gold should be called dunk, would that change the nature of gold as an element, or what it is? Not a bit! Try again...

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't see where it matters to me if Pluto is a planet or not. It is so far away and has no effect on my life (that I know of). They can call it a moon, dwarf planet or a sun for all I care.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to work for WorldCom, :'( (don't curse me, I lost a fortune just like the investors). I use to locate the fiber optic cables buried in the ground for WorldCom so contractors could dig near, across and so on.

When I first started locating the fiber cable I drove up on a huge field and got out my locator to find the cable. There was a water contractor there who bet me he could find my cable with out the locator, just with a piece of wire bent into a 90 degree angle. He bet me 10$ he could do it and I took the bait, err bet.

In less then 5 mins he tells me your cable is buried here. I got out my locator and he was correct, buried 4 foot deep, not in any conduit of any kind was my fiber. It was a new subdivision going into a field that had no other construction with in several miles in any direction, had no existing water lines yet in the ground and no way for him to know where it was.

I had him show me how he did it and for the next 13 years I used devining (a form of dowsing) as a back up to my several thousand dollar locator. It was accurate within inches of my actual locator, but would not tell me how deep, only the location of it. I could locate any buried cable, water line or conduit in the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread