Apr 4, 2010

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
usually
With a deal like that, they want you to give them your personal info so they can hound you at a later date to make future purchases.
I fell into this game and regret every minute of it.
Usually a boiler room operation
Get ready for the phone calls asking you to buy more coins at an inflated price.
Brady

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I agree it's a way to get your info but not always a smalltime boiler room operation. A few years ago a friend ordered a similar "too good to be true" coin from a VERY well known reputable coin seller here in New Hampshire. Never read the fine print I guess. They started sending him lots of extremely overpriced coins "on approval" and he played hell getting them to cancel his "subscription" that he didn't realize he had signed up for. Now I'm not teling anyone how to manage their coin collection and these were nice coins but.. I want to be the one to decide what I'm buying, not the dealer sending me stuff that THEY choose. You didn't buy from a company out of Littleton NH did you ?

OP
OP
Iheartmoney

Iheartmoney

Apr 4, 2010
NHBandit said:
I agree it's a way to get your info but not always a smalltime boiler room operation. A few years ago a friend ordered a similar "too good to be true" coin from a VERY well known reputable coin seller here in New Hampshire. Never read the fine print I guess. They started sending him lots of extremely overpriced coins "on approval" and he played hell getting them to cancel his "subscription" that he didn't realize he had signed up for. Now I'm not teling anyone how to manage their coin collection and these were nice coins but.. I want to be the one to decide what I'm buying, not the dealer sending me stuff that THEY choose. You didn't buy from a company out of Littleton NH did you ?

No I did not buy from Littleton NH. I bought from a local coin store right around the corner from where I live. Weird thing was that I didn't have any paperwork to sign. He simply told me that the price was $16.00. Maybe it's because I am a regular there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread