Score! Teller tray, plus box of nicks, 2 box dimes w/pics

jjaddict

Sep 22, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit up a new bank on the outskirts of town, trying to mix up my pick-up locations. Brand new teller, had a lady helping her the whole time. Picked up two boxes of dimes and one of nickels. I noticed that she had a handful of halves in her tray....and they looked extra shiny :laughing7: Asked to buy them, she said no prob, clink clink clink clink $6.50 worth. All 40 %'ers, woohoo!! And the best part... one was a 70D in really nice shape, score!!

Boxes of dimes were decent, first box had three silvers: '59, '53s, and a '64. Second box not as productive, only one silver, a '64d.

Not much going on with the box of nicks, 23 pre-60's. No war nicks.

Attachments

• Silver Finds.JPG
    Silver Finds.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 806
  • 1970 D Half.JPG
    1970 D Half.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 876
Upvote 0

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent score! 1970 is one of the last types of silver halves I haven't found yet.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
love those loose teller tray halves. 100% success - including a '70D - can't do much better than that. :thumbsup:

Still haven't found one of those '70D's yet myself. Not yet.

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
That would make anyone's day...congrats!!

Last week after dumping my pail of halves, I obtained my money from the teller and asked if she had any half dollars I could buy from her. She said, "Well, not really...just two. One is a 1985 and the other is a 1945. Do you want them both?"

I said "Yes, I guess I'll take them both." ;D

LOVE finding Walking Liberties that way!!

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Brush64 said:
Last week after dumping my pail of halves, I obtained my money from the teller and asked if she had any half dollars I could buy from her. She said, "Well, not really...just two. One is a 1985 and the other is a 1945. Do you want them both?"

I said "Yes, I guess I'll take them both." ;D

LOVE finding Walking Liberties that way!!

Nicely played there, Brush.

Always take all they have (provided your wallet can afford it) As soon as we get selective in which years we want, and which years we don't, teller's will get curious and it could become the beginning of the end for our (collective) success.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy: Congrats on a great score! Getting a 1970D is the icing on the cake. I've gone thru almost 300,000 coins & haven't found one yet. I only recently found a 40% Bi-Cennential half. What state are you from? I'm beginning to believe that the 1970 half's never made it East of the Mississippi.

Double HH (Happy Holidays & Happy Hunting) To All

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread