SCORE

kalebdad

Sep 24, 2010
I have been waiting to post this Pic since the server went down. Stopped in a bank after a Job meeting last Tuesday. I asked the teller if she had any Halves. She said $270 worth. I then proceeded to ask her where she got them. She said a man picks through them and then brings back what he doesn't want. I threw caution to the side and said what the heck I'll take them. Walking to my car I was thinking I am going through some dumps but it will be fun. 1st Roll All 40's

Here is the total and the Pic

145 40%ers :headbang:
9 90%'s :headbang:
1 Token of some sort

Attachments

• IMG00205-20101123-1014.jpg
    IMG00205-20101123-1014.jpg
    552.6 KB · Views: 373
Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picks through them for what? Clad?

After thinking about this I bet the old man mistakenly turned in the wrong rolls.

JT10

Oct 29, 2010
The Mitten State
Nice score! I had a bank last week that had $100 of customer wrapped rolls, and two of them were solid 40%ers. No silver in the other 8 rolls, either, so I am thinking someone turned in the wrong rolls, too.

undergrounddrew

Jan 16, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Technetics G2 Fisher F75 Black, Minelab 3030,Minelab X-Terra 705 and more!!!
WOW!
Don't know anything else to add!!
Congrats!

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice score. You never know what you'll get. I think sometimes tellers will tell you someone searches them and brings them back because they don't want you to buy them. Then they will search them, it is a good way to get people not to buy the halves.

Syrys

Oct 2, 2010
Great score!!! :thumbsup: 2 of my best roll scores came from tellers that said "they have been searched already", but I took them anyway. Now I ALWAYS buy every half dollar I can from banks, even if I'm sure they are someone's rejects. At the very least, you are doing the bank a favor by taking them off their hands, plus you never really know what you will find!

Were all the silvers in solid rolls, or were they mixed up with clad? I think that teller was just trying to avoid selling them to you... good catch!

rwb83

Mar 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy!!!
AGCoinHunter said:
Picks through them for what? Clad?

After thinking about this I bet the old man mistakenly turned in the wrong rolls.

Yup the numbers work...Thats probably one upset guy, but it made your day I bet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread