Scored a home run last year!!!!!!!!!!!!

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was looking over my finds from last year, and noticed that I had done something that I will probably never do again.  I'm sure that there are some of you who do this every year, but I'm not one of them.  I've been with other collectors when they have gotten a triple in one day, but never more than that.  Now, I must say, that I did not score all of these dimes in the same day, but I did get them all in the same summer.  A seated Liberty (1876), Barber (1898), Mercury (1936), and old Rosie (1956).  I was lucky enough to find others for the last 3 denominations, but the seated was the only one of those that I found last year.

Would love to see others who have collected a "Home Run" on their dimes or other denominations.

It was a pretty good year huntin wise.

Happy New Year and Happy Huntin..

Attachments

• home run 2.jpg
    home run 2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 646

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic silver. WTG
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
Love that 1876. Bet that made your heart stop! Great job and happy hunting in 09'

OP
OP
nebstater

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
John Deere Digger said:
Nice, I did that this year too. What would it be it we added a Capped bust? WTG in 08
JDD

I think that I would die happy if I ever found a Capped Bust coin out in this part of the country. I guess that it's not impossible, as my oldest coin that I've found was a 1853 half dime, but I'm just not sure that we had that many bust coins out here. I can always dream.

OP
OP
nebstater

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iskuli said:
Love that 1876. Bet that made your heart stop! Great job and happy hunting in 09'

That it did! No doubt about it.

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the home run. :thumbsup: I am lucky to get a double when I go out anymore. :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions