Devonrex

Jan 6, 2012
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Nautilus DMC IIB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks to the heavy rains in our area on Sunday and Monday I was able to return to my Rev War Site and get incredible depth. I was pulling out musket balls at depths of 16 inches and many in places i had walked over many times before. As the day wore on I finally scored another cut reale but the buttons were eluding me. After 5 hours i was about to give up. I ventured into a section of the property I had never really had much luck in before and up against a huge oak I started digging more musket balls, 3 in quick succession. Another signal and I was expecting the 4th musket ball when out popped a turret back coat button from a depth of at least 12 inches. And right beside it another mid size button. All day and hardly no brass and then in the last 10 minutes of the hunt 2 more buttons! Once home I was elated to see the coat button was a 30 and the other button a super rare 70! This is the second 70 I have found from this site. The first had a tiny bit of rim damage but this one is perfect with a beautiful green patina!!! I was thinking the 2 buttons added together equal 100 and I couldn't think of a day where I have scored better in the button category! It was a fantastic day of digging. HH Devonrex

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 0

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like the dream continues John. Love to see a group shot of all the buttons and coins from the 2 sites, especially after everything has been cleaned. I'll shoot you an email soon about the cannonball. Congrats on another awesome hunt!

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Congrats again Devonrex. You are really doing good on that site and I know you will wear it out till there ain't nothing left! Tennessee digger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread