Dec 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1502937059085.jpeg 1502937071261.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using TreasureNet.com mobile app

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
Im almost sure the one on left is but looking for confirmation on them all. All found at the farm. All 3 found within 20 yard...two on right found together. Mid MO on river buff

I don't believe any of those belong to the Cody Complex.
The one you're almost sure of is most likely a heavily resharpened Hardin.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Tkaz, nice finds. I also see Hardin when I look at the bottom piece (left if the picture is rotated.) If you look down at the tip I'd bet there is some beveling present. Missouri Scottsbluff points tend to be a bit wider, have a couple of long flakes taken from each side that meet in the middle near the base, and often have a delta (triangle) shape area on the base.

Hardin points in Missouri are basically the same age as Scottsbluff, and they almost certainly bumped into each other at quarries. Cody Complex is older, but they overlapped for a period of time. I think of Scotties being older, cooler cousins of Hardin points.

Scottsbluff makers were probably still hunting bison in mostly plains and grasslands. Hardin points were probably used by hunters focusing more on bison and deer living in wooded areas and hilly areas.

OP
OP
Tkaz

Tkaz

Dec 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tkaz, nice finds. I also see Hardin when I look at the bottom piece (left if the picture is rotated.) If you look down at the tip I'd bet there is some beveling present. Missouri Scottsbluff points tend to be a bit wider, have a couple of long flakes taken from each side that meet in the middle near the base, and often have a delta (triangle) shape area on the base.

Hardin points in Missouri are basically the same age as Scottsbluff, and they almost certainly bumped into each other at quarries. Cody Complex is older, but they overlapped for a period of time. I think of Scotties being older, cooler cousins of Hardin points.

Scottsbluff makers were probably still hunting bison in mostly plains and grasslands. Hardin points were probably used by hunters focusing more on bison and deer living in wooded areas and hilly areas.
Awesome info...thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using TreasureNet.com mobile app

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now that was some good info. Id like to hear more responses like that more often.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread