Scouting finds

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went scouting in Washington, TN today. I had a ball using the old maps, and trying to find where the homes were. Washington was founded in 1812, and as the coal mines started in Dayton, TN in the 1870's it started its decline. Just after the turn of the century, Dayton became the county seat. Washington missed becoming the capital of TN in the 1820's by only a couple of votes, so they say. There are only about 7 or 8 homes left in the area of the original town. Washington had a Courthouse, a Jail, Tennesee Academy College, 5 Saloons, and numerous other businesses. I've gotten permission to hunt some fields, where I suspect some of the homes were, and today I found 3 old home sites. I've made some notes and moved on. Washington's bi-centennial is in October so I am working to make a new map that corresponds to the old one, verify the bounderies, etc. I'm hoping to get enough relics to make a nice display for the bi-centennial. I didn't find a lot, but did get a couple of goodies. I'm hoping to hit it hard tomorrow, after a meeting the residents are having in preparation for the celebration.
K Hatten 001.JPG K Hatten 002.JPG

Upvote 2
OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a meeting this mornining of the bicentennial committee in Washington Tn. Found where the Tennessee Acadamy was and just so happened to know the land owner. Was abel to secure permission to hunt over 30 acres and given a heads-up as to exactly where at least one of the buildings was located. The school was started in 1812 so who knows may kick up a couple of keepers. Last week temps in the 100's and the last several days we are getting drowned with rain. You can bet where I will be as soon as it lets up.

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like a great spot - wish you the best!

The Swed Hunther

Aug 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
Xp Gold Maxx Power 18kHz
''The one that read its history will get rewarded'' I think you will find something good, just a hunch :laughing7:
And the pocketwatch was a charming find!
Best of luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread