Scrap silver update

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Time for a scrap silver update. You may remember last month I posted that every year, I set myself the challenge of paying for Christmas dinner by finding pre 47 silver coins. The weight so far on scrap silver is 50 grams. I have though had some silver jewelry, the best being a claret jug charm, probably 1920's, and a 9 carat gold ring. These I won't sell for scrap value. I search for these things in public parks, woods, or even grass verges. Trust me I am not a detecting snob, I will search anywhere.

Robert.

Attachments

• IMG_5669.JPG
    IMG_5669.JPG
    512.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_5670.JPG
    IMG_5670.JPG
    832.5 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 8

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Great finds Robert! I just can't get myself to sell anything I find - needless to say.... :) Thanks for sharing...

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50 grams is not that bad! Thinking about the few silvers i get over the year...ok, just detecting fields and very little silver to melt!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You bring those items by my house on Christmas. The wife and I will treat you to a Christmas Feast that will leave you rubbing your belly with eyes you can't keep open.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool

Whats a grass Verge?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice you plan out what your doing with the scrap silver.

I must be a hoarder at heart, I can't even throw out some of my trash if I find it interesting!

Grass verge is the grass edge or margin surrounding something. Grass strips, like around tot lots, between side walks and the street, etc.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True :thumbsup:. Who are the Irons, ?.

Was thinking it likely was the "Curb Strip" or something like that.

The Irons Are Fans of the Band Iron Maiden (Where my Avatar Comes From).
99% Sure they are an all British Band Started in the 1980 s .

The Avatar pic , is from the Song "The Trooper", A song I play in my head often times when I,m Civil War Relic Hunting.
Davers

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice you plan out what your doing with the scrap silver.

I must be a hoarder at heart, I can't even throw out some of my trash if I find it interesting!

Grass verge is the grass edge or margin surrounding something. Grass strips, like around tot lots, between side walks and the street, etc.

MsBeepBeep if you give me your address I'll fill a large flat rate box with my junk and you're welcome to search through it and keep whatever catches your eye. :laughing7:

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Was thinking it likely was the "Curb Strip" or something like that.

The Irons Are Fans of the Band Iron Maiden (Where my Avatar Comes From).
99% Sure they are an all British Band Started in the 1980 s .

The Avatar pic , is from the Song "The Trooper", A song I play in my head often times when I,m Civil War Relic Hunting.
Davers
Nice one :thumbsup:, think they may date to late 70s. I think a lot of kids were into them when I was about to leave school in 79. More of a Floyd fan myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread