Scraper or preform? UTAH

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out for a day off from the wildland fire scene in Utah. As most of you know I work on turbine powered (jet) helicopters that my employer uses to drop water on wildland fires. The greatest perk of this job (besides the pay) is that most of the job locations are out in the boon docks of the southwest and we get one day off each seven. I usually get and afternoon to do some projectile point hunting in some really great areas.

Below is an in situ of a scraper or a preform. I also found a lot of flakage on that ridge.

Thank you for looking.

Stryker

Attachments

• mortar 048.jpg
    mortar 048.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 312
  • mortar 053.jpg
    mortar 053.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 306
  • TO MY FRONT.jpg
    TO MY FRONT.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 305
  • TO MY REAR.jpg
    TO MY REAR.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 300
Upvote 0
A

archaeon

man what scenery! sounds like a cool job...hard to tell from the pics, would need close-ups to tell what it is...

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. Beautiful scenery and we need close ups of the piece to see what it is. It looks small, but it could be a small Knife.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks a great place to hunt, congrats on the scraper(?).
Thanks for sharing.
Molly. :)

WhiteCountyPaleo

Jul 21, 2008
Lafayette, IN
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
That spot looks like a flippin sticks worst enemy. After one day of flippin' only a stub would remain.
I remember one spot I was on...I walked a very very small rocky knoll with a couple stumps and didn't find anything except some fire rock and a couple chips. I stopped and looked back and thought with all that small rock there has to be something more. So, I got down to leprechaun level and scanned like crazy didn't take long to find a couple triangle points. One had a hole in it. Don't give up! Once you find fire rock and micro chips really pay attention. :tongue3:

OP
OP
stryker-one

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks-- Dork, Cannon, Molly, Dollar, Ohio and Arch for the comments. I'll see about getting some up close photos. I use an HP photosmart digital camera and the dog gone thing auto focuses. I have to figure out how to trick it into focusing on the edges so ya'll can see the flake scars :)

So more photos to follow. Till then here is a little heart breaker :(

Stryker

Attachments

• mortar 056.jpg
    mortar 056.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 221

DesertWalker

Sep 16, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Stryker - looks like a scraper, would like to see a close-up of the piece. I have found similar material and items out here. Where are you located?

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread