Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
image.jpg found these at a chipping site

Upvote 0

bcarmack1

May 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome im just now learning about scrapers! I found something that looks like the one on the middle row on the right ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434483685.008744.jpg
Should I keep it in a scraper collection

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a nice assemblage there! Looks like several are multi-use tools. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Suelter

Suelter

Tenderfoot
Jun 16, 2015
Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
image.jpg
That's awesome im just now learning about scrapers! I found something that looks like the one on the middle row on the right View attachment 1176097
Should I keep it in a scraper collection

I'm just learning about them also. Only found arrowheads before this. image.jpg I guess you call them uniface as they are smooth on one side

TimeWaster

Oct 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Suelter, What region of Nebraska are you in? I take it, these are from there?

TimeWaster

Oct 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. I had a blast searching on a privately owned Butte near Scottsbluff when I was a kid. The more I dug, the more of that kind of stuff came up!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site and yes most look like scraper type tools. You might have a point missing the tip in the mix. The 1st pic kind of hard to see though.

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, lots of different tools. The next to the right on the bottom row is the only one that doesn't look worked to me (at least least from what I can see in the pic.). Good luck on your next hunt(s)!

OP
OP
Suelter

Suelter

Tenderfoot
Jun 16, 2015
Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, lots of different tools. The next to the right on the bottom row is the only one that doesn't look worked to me (at least least from what I can see in the pic.). Good luck on your next hunt(s)!

You're right- good eyes. It is worked some but it isn't finished like the others. It also was broke in half and I glued it back together. That could be why they didn't finish it. Thanks for the input.

OP
OP
Suelter

Suelter

Tenderfoot
Jun 16, 2015
Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
image.jpg
These are some points found at same site. Those found at chipping sites are always broke it seems like. One does seem complete.

Jamesabroad

Feb 23, 2013
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I've got a can full of what I had thought were flint pieces but on second look it appears were worked. I need to research scrapers more. Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread