Screen Protector

Floating_Adrift

Oct 10, 2013
Idaho City
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Gold Bug 2, DetectorPro Uniprobe, XP Deus (love it!), Minelab ProFind.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So whats the deal with the screen protector that came with the Deus? It makes the buttons difficult to push since the protector doesn't flex enough over the keys. It would make more sense to cut the protector in half and just use it to just cover the LCD screen and figure out some other way to protect the buttons.

Has anyone found a clever solution to protect the control unit? I bought that waterproof case with the flexible silicone front mentioned in a video on here, it is pretty clever and works well but can be a bit too bulky (aren't we spoiled?) and can be hard to read through the silicone.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Y dont ya cut the screen protector down to fit the screen, & If If its to far gone any smartphone one can be cut to fit & then that silicone one carefully with a razor blade just cut the screen out. I still have the stock one on mine still, & have that silicone one on manly for protection against trees,my tools ect

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Christo, I placed adhesive backed felt pads on the buttons of my control box. I have had them on for about 6-months and love it. I think that they could be reversed and put on the plastic of the protective leather pouch that comes with the Deus so that you don't get adhesive on the control box buttons. They will come off but as you know, the sticky may remain and require some non-destructive solvent to remove it. I prefer 3x5 PVC shrink wrap bags to wrap my control box. They last a long time and easily peal off when another is needed. The felt pads remain in place.

If you choose to use the shrink wrap baggies, you must be attentive that you don't leave the heat gun focused in any one spot so that the control box doesn't overheat.
Never use a hair dryer if you opt to use the shrink wrap baggies, it is not hot enough to rapidly shrink the bags and will transfer too much heat to the body of the control box.

Attachments

• IMG_0944 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0944 (Medium).JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_0943 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0943 (Medium).JPG
    113 KB · Views: 469

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that idea, I think I have some of those felt peices gonna give it a try thanks for the info

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I was in the twilight zone yesterday. I'm sure Christo was the OP when I posted because I double checked the spelling of the only post to be responded to.
The site showed Christo's name on Floating_Adrift's question. Anyhow, sorry for the mix-up.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Christo, I placed adhesive backed felt pads on the buttons of my control box. I have had them on for about 6-months and love it. I think that they could be reversed and put on the plastic of the protective leather pouch that comes with the Deus so that you don't get adhesive on the control box buttons. They will come off but as you know, the sticky may remain and require some non-destructive solvent to remove it. I prefer 3x5 PVC shrink wrap bags to wrap my control box. They last a long time and easily peal off when another is needed. The felt pads remain in place.

If you choose to use the shrink wrap baggies, you must be attentive that you don't leave the heat gun focused in any one spot so that the control box doesn't overheat.
Never use a hair dryer if you opt to use the shrink wrap baggies, it is not hot enough to rapidly shrink the bags and will transfer too much heat to the body of the control box.

Looks great! Better memorize those buttons first though! lol

John-WestTN

Dec 14, 2013
Collierville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher F75, Fisher 1236 2X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Where do you find the shrink wrap baggies, I have not seen/found any?

Thanks - John

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay has them. 4"x6"around $6-8/100. Get the pvc bags.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions