Bucketfreak68

Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I was looking to buy some of those screen protectors for my Legend this afternoon and got to thinking.
Why not make them?
I had remembered that someone gave me a bunch of them for a device I never even owned but they were bigger than the Screen on my Nokta Legend.
No problem there if you have someone who makes their own greeting cards and the likes the problem is solved.
I got my digital calipers out went and grabbed one of the many Fiskars paper cutters I have at my disposal and went to work.
In about 10 minutes I had all the screen protectors I'll need for a while.
The screen protectors I had were for a tablet and had rounded off corners I just trimmed those off first cut the pieces I used to width and then to the length of the screen and bingo worked like a charm.
The cutter has a place to butt the screen protector up against so when you push the blade forward it cuts a straight edge never pull it or you'll have a non even edge.
I used my calipers and placed one end in the trough that is molded into the base of the cutter for the blade to pass through and slid the protector out until it was set to the width and length I needed.

Attachments

• Fiskars paper cutter.jpg
    Fiskars paper cutter.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 27

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread