SDC 2300 from Minelab !!

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had the opportunity to use the SDC last week. I was not impressed as the level of EMI and the units instability were unbearable. Leaning towards purchasing an ATX at this point...just saying.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't yet been able to try them back to back, but from what I've seen so far the Minelab probably will be the better gold hunter. That's not a cut at the ATX as it will also do very well with gold, but also be better on relics and have a few coil options. The ATX is quite heavy though, and doesn't fold as small as the SDC.

Last edited:

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I haven't yet been able to try them back to back, but from what I've seen so far the Minelab probably will be the better gold hunter. That's not a cut at the ATX as it will also do very well with gold, but also be better on relics and have a few coil options. The ATX is quite heavy though, and doesn't fold as small as the SDC.
I'm just trying to determine which is the best between the two for the salt water at this point.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Minelab SDC 2300 is already proving itself a great nugget detector. We are sering all kinds of nuggets pop up! Super excited on how it can fold up so small.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread