SDC 2300

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try the prospecting forums. AZO, Bill Southern's, Rob Allison's in particular. Not many prospectors on this forum. I seem to be the only guy on TreasureNet with the SDC. I gather you know I am happy with mine.

OP
OP
A

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
HI Steve,
Yes I have read your reports and opinions of the 2300.
I have used one very breifly and am impressed with the overall capability of the detector but If you have been reading some of the posts on the Aussie forums you might be excused for thinking that the Aussie reports and opinions are a bit corny and strange.
Not since when I was pushing the infinium have I read so much angst about another metal detector.

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Adrian,

I would think Aussies would be proud of their homegrown company giving American manufacturers fits. But many seem determined to bring Minelab down at any cost. Strange indeed.

The SDC 2300 is a solid performer that does what it was designed to do. Things like the armrest folding up unintentionally are minor annoyances at most. A person can admire the design that allows the armrest to fold up as a component of the overall compact folding design, or make it out like a major design flaw. Anyone that holds a completely folded up SDC 2300 in their hands who cannot profess admiration for the thought that went into the design really has an axe to grind with Minelab. The main thing however is that it finds the gold with no fuss at all. Almost anyone can be proficient with the SDC 2300 in minutes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread