Se Pro to the E-Trac

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using the SE Pro for about 4 months now and just starting to understand some of it, I picked up an e-trac this week and was wondering if anybody here has went from the SE to the E-trac and he the how that went..i am thinking I can use some of what I have learned about the SE over to the E-trac. A lot of the setting on the SE are about the same as on the E-trac.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're not all that different so the learning curve should be a short one. The numbering system is different so you'll have to get used to that. Also, the menu access and navigation is a bit different too but that will just take a little time playing with it. A lot of the settings are similar.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're not all that different so the learning curve should be a short one. The numbering system is different so you'll have to get used to that. Also, the menu access and navigation is a bit different too but that will just take a little time playing with it. A lot of the settings are similar.
+1
The technology is the same, so basically the only real difference is the specific operational features. Kind of a small step sideways.

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the E-trac out this morning, and just as I thought, even with out looking at the manual, I was able to turn it on and run the thou the menu, look at all the settings and adjust them to about what I was using on the SE...the only thing I think will be readjusting my ears to the sounds the E-trac makes. They are different from the SE. Setting up custom programs, that well take some time. But to tell you the truth, running it with an open screen, and adjusting some of the setting a little is about all I need...for me.I am hoping that the E-Trac is not just all a lot of hype.

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did notice how stable it was the first time I was out with it and got close to a fence, with the SE Pro and the same fence I couldn't get that close before it started making all kinds of nose, Thanks to Big Boy Hobbies and Evan for putting that E-trac in my hands..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions